OC guy robbed at gunpoint

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Gojubrian, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is pretty bold to walk up to someone you can see is armed and threaten them. Maybe he snuck up on him and caught him off guard. If he can't unholster the thing it's useless.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Situational Awareness! :mad:

Having a weapon doesn't mean crime is going to take a holiday, or that you have a "Protect Self/50 foot radius" charm. It doesn't do a damn bit of good if someone catches you not paying attention. :rolleyes:

That's like having all the tea in the China, but being stranded in the desert with no water in site. Not going to do you a lot of good.

4. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

x100 on that! If you don't know what is going on around you, you cannot protect yourself from it, doesn't matter what your carrying.
    I can't really agree with the statement that this guy open carrying made him a target, it's possible but ...

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I've made the point that if someone is the only person OC'ing within the sight of a criminal, then that person becomes a target. He's lucky robbery was the only thing that happened. The bad guy could have easily walked up behind him and put one behind his ear. Dead OC guy and an extra gun for the bad guy. Now, if there are several persons OC'ing in the same area, the criminal would most likely vacate the area.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Let's face it. There are nut cases out there who aren't afraid of anything.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Crazy people are abundant in numbers. I'll probably never oc even if it was legal here out by myself. If it were an oc event with lots of folks involved I would.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Most people are 3-4 seconds into a mugging before it starts to sink in.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nah, I'm sunk well in after I hit them. Usually psyched up during the planning as well. :D

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I still contend that if you carry or have a firearm in the home for protection and you don't run scenarios and drill then you will not rise to the occasion in the event of an attack or home invasion, you will defer to the level of training you have received and practiced.

Awareness and training build confidence!! Key factors in self defense.

11. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Wow, it was scary this guy with the gun. And the thug showed him that she just shouldn't have the weapon. I'm still a little dizzy from the spin

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yeah, the media is wonderful. :rolleyes:

13. Thelt

Thelt New Member

He was probably going to be robbed if he had been carrying concealed. Sometimes all the preparation in the world is not enough.

14. superc

superc Member

Nothing new about robbing someone who is openly carrying a gun. This sort of thing was a fairly regular occurance when I was an armed guard on a Brinks Armored Car in NYC. Especially when our arms were full of bags of money or opening a door. Happened a lot to the Loomis and Wells Fargo guys too. :)

Fact is the presence of our guns had almost zero deterrent affect on someone willing to take the risk, or who thought they knew the routine and where to spring the ambush. If you were alert, prepared and lucky, you survived it. If not, the other guards on the other trucks tried to learn from your mistake(s).