Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm on this website as oboe [no capitals]. I came upon that screen name years ago somewhat by accident. I've been shooting since I was 9 years old - and I'm 80 years old now. My days of raising and hunting English Pointers are in the past, but I still love to hunt. I shoot mostly handguns - 9mm - but I also shoot 20 ga over/under and a 6.5 Creedmoor [target and hunting]. I'm a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms and a member of NRA. I look forward to discussions on this forum!

·
Supporting Member
13,279 Posts
oboe
That was heartwarming to know you had English Pointers I had Setters. Brought back great hunting memories! A friend of mine and I use to train them back in the day on his farm with Quail, Pheasants and Pigeons we caught in a Barn at night to get the pups to point! I actually had two of my own. Judy a White and Black and Sue a White and Liver!
Judy was my first one followed later by Sue. If you have ever heard of a one in a thousand Dog. Sue was it! She set her first Covey of Quail at 4 Months Old and got better and better.
When she was learning if Sue did not honor Judy's Point the old Dog would nail here to the ground. A few times was all took! And she always honored Point as Judy was excellent. Sure mis those time. We hunted Quail and Pheasants twice a week. And every Saturday during season in the Corn Fields of Northern Indiana. And around home during the week! I also have had a few Labs that I loved as well.
Anyway, glad to have you join us! And looking forward to hearing from here on the Forum.
Glad you are here!:)

Reactions: OLD Ron and ellis36

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,332 Posts
Hi, I'm on this website as oboe [no capitals]. I came upon that screen name years ago somewhat by accident. I've been shooting since I was 9 years old - and I'm 80 years old now. My days of raising and hunting English Pointers are in the past, but I still love to hunt. I shoot mostly handguns - 9mm - but I also shoot 20 ga over/under and a 6.5 Creedmoor [target and hunting]. I'm a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms and a member of NRA. I look forward to discussions on this forum!
Welcome oboe !!! I am just 3 years younger than you. Lots of us old timers here on this forum. You should fit right in with us. Glad to have you join us guys. Feel free to look around and join in on our discussion threads. (y)

·
Administrator
26,834 Posts
Ignore young Primer there- I'll just whack him with my walker next time he comes by,

And welcome, Oboe- glad you found us. There is a fresh pot of coffee over there- cream, sugar, brandy on the counter. Help yourself, drag a chair up by the fire and sit a spell.

·
Premium Member
I like guns....
2,740 Posts
Welcome from Northern Ohio. Im getting into 6.5cm. Im currently working on a 1000yrd build. I believe I'm going to use the Ruger Precision as a platform. Anyways, thanks for joining and a nice introduction..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts