Obama wants to use drones on Americans

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by CA357, Feb 5, 2013.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

2. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Suprize suprize.

Maybe Rev. Wright WAS right...

3. opaww

opaww New Member

We need a way to down drones.

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

That one group of college kids somewhere in Texas I think, took one over with like 200 bucks and 30 minutes or so. Article is out there somewhere...

5. opaww

opaww New Member

We need to find out how they did it.

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

i heard this morning that the law passed that allows drones to be used against US civilians

8. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

No...the DOJ just summarily said, based on loose standards, that they can kill American citizens.

9. davemccarthy707

davemccarthy707 New Member

The Mainstream Media is running the story now (CNN, CBC here in Canada). Once it runs its course through the media it will become the "Norm". Just like they did with Abortion and other issues that were touchy.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

with no charges, arrest or trial? seems this violates Constitutional rights of the accused. but i guess they just bypassed accusing and suspect, so there for they just kill Americans they suspect?

i have said it before, Obama is overstepping his authority and trying in everyway possible to bypass the Constitution. IMO, in his position as the POTUS, this strikes me as treasonous.

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

ok,gotcha...

12. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I always thought the death blow to the Constitution would largely go unnoticed...but if this isnt it I dont know what is...

13. davemccarthy707

The exact wording is "...great danger to high-level officials.." Now if that is not a way to counter the 2A, I don't know what is.

14. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I was going to post this link. Read it at work. We were having a conversation about it.
    http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...egal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite
    Yep, just stomp on a citizens constitutional rights and send a missile up their @ss. Speaking out that you may agree w/ the position of a foreign entity gets you dead. Free speech is dead, due process is dead. Hail the dictator.

15. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hey locust...werent we JUST discussing this? Turns out Rush and Hannity are baffled and disturbed by this as well from listening to them today.

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have no problem killing enemy conbatants outside of the U.S. who are making war on the U.S. or plotting with others to do so.

I fail to see where there status as American citizens (actually traitors) make a difference.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  17. davemccarthy707

Americans are afforded the right of due process under the Constitution, traitor or not. Small shortcuts lead to big shortcuts.

18. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If it's proven an American is a member of Al Queda that's one thing, (and BTW, it doesn't rally call for proof) but the way the memo is written leaves much open to conjecture. My interpretation is that any American can be targeted if TPTB decide they're a threat. The lawyerspeak all but guarantees abuse.

19. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hear hear!!!

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The 1A guarantees free speech. but not the right to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

I do not believe that the constitutional protection of citizens does, or should, extend to those who have:

Renounced their allegiance to this country,

Attempted to influence other citizen to renounce their allegiance

Traveled to a foreign country, and taken up arms against this country.

Attempted to defame and denigrate this country to foreigners

There are, and rightfully should be limits to everything.