Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms In Near Future!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

This was posted on another forum, as a heads up notification. One statement came to the eye, "Not far in the future" and another official said weeks would be an appropriate measurement.

I am going to send this out to NRA and GOA reps.

Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms In Near Future

Obama To Unveil Gun Control Reforms In Near Future

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm somewhat surprised. I thought he would wait until he got a second term. If he got a second term.

Well, we just have to do what we can to ward his actions off.

3. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Lets hope this is the nail in the collective coffin......

4. Bigcountry02

Sent an email to GOA, could not send an email to NRA as a heads up.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

And what do you want to bet that none of the proposed changes will include anything about getting mentally disturbed people off the street.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Jackass liberals. Always find something to help their non constitutional cause. Can't wait until his term is over. We need a good president for once. The Gifford attack would have happened even if firearms were completely outlawed. If he couldn't get a gun, He would of gotten a knife. If he couldn't get a knife, he would of used a bat. If he couldn't get a bat, He would of used anything he could get his hands on.

7. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

NRA Alerts were sent out. Obama has the economy in the dump three wars raging. More Americans out of work and home foreclosures at all time high. The Democrats are not going to back him on this one. Obama is fast becoming President in name only.

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

Thats why its soooo very IMPORTANT to VOTE this man out in 2012 he has done NOTHING good to this country since he took office!!! and it was just a matter of time for this LEFTY to blame America guns on this ATF and MEXICO CRAP.

9. Bigcountry02

Thanks! Some reason I hit the send and nothing happens.

Reply from GOA:

Dear XXXXX

Thanks for the note.

I will say this he could issue one executive order would certainly help – Federal agencies stop “running guns” to Mexico!

I had not seen this post yet. So, many thanks for sending it to me – we will keep an eye on it.

Best wishes and keep the powder dry.

Update:

Article from USA Today

Obama aide: Gun legislation in 'near future'

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...e-gun-legislation-in-near-future/1?csp=34news

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  10. Polygon

Polygon New Member

It's the usual Obama rhetoric. He makes things sound nice to both sides. Trying to give the impression that what they're going to do will only effect criminals and the mentally unstable.

And you know, I agree with him. Criminals shouldn't be allowed to get guns. But didn't the ATF do just that recently? Oh yeah, they did. Too bad his usual rhetoric shrouds his true angle. I don't trust him and I fully assume that whatever he's got cooking up has no regard for the second amendment or responsible gun owners.

11. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

::sigh:: Obama. I had such high hopes when I heard he was running for President. But here he his...just like O.J....screwing it up for the rest of us brothers...if he gets re-elected, I'm handing in my black card. ::insert humor where necessary so you don't take this too seriously:::D

12. Korey

Korey New Member

he is just trying to get as much bull**** done he can before his dumb ass gets kicked out of office, I think we need to impeach this guy and not let him finish term. If you show me one thing he has personally done that has been good I will rethink this but until then I stand as him being garbage

13. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Well if he had tackled the economy first instead of healthcare, he might have only been looked at as an asshat instead of a douchelord.

14. Korey

Korey New Member

so far the only thing I see he has done a good job of is making sure that white males have a double to tripple chance of getting elected now. People are stupid, they can't understand that because one person does something it doesn't mean they all are like that.

15. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Double? Triple? Man, please. There will be a Latina lesbian with one leg and an eye patch as president before another black man. Obama and OJ...screwing it up for the good brothers.

16. user4

user4 New Member

I hope that is inaccurate. There are plenty of amazing leaders who happen to be black.

17. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ironic? This is what the puffin' post said; "The president directed the Attorney General to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights,"

This is the same AG that's being (or should be) investigated for his involvement in the GUNWALKER debacle?

The Gunwalker Scandal Made Simple
    There are five key accusations against ATF and DOJ made by ATF whistleblowers and other sources within FedGov:
    1. That they instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with questionable and illegal sales of firearms to suspected gunrunners.
    2. That they allowed or even assisted in those guns crossing the U.S. border into Mexico to "boost the numbers" of American civilian market firearms seized in Mexico and thereby provide the justification for more firearm restrictions on American citizens and more power and money for ATF.
    3. That they intentionally kept Mexican authorities in the dark about the operation, even over objections of their own agents.
    4. That weapons that the ATF let "walk" to Mexico were involved in the deaths of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, as well as at least hundreds of Mexican citizens.
    5. That at least since the death of Brian Terry on 14 December, the Obama administration is engaged in a full-press cover-up of the facts behind what has come to be known as the "Gunwalker Scandal."​

Oh, that AG. Yea I'm feelin' a lot better about them fully respecting my Second Amendment rights.

18. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Personally, I would vote for Powell in a heart beat......

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

No way. The man has 0 integrity in my book. He is over as a national influence.

20. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

Before this gets outta hand, my black comment was just a poke. Not trying to get into some racial thing. There are plenty of worthy people who could lead this country of all races...unfortunately, none of those people are politicians. And once you're elected, you're a politician. So there ya go...