O no! Not Another Glock Horror Story

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by hunter Joe, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I was working the day shift at the range today and not much interesting was happening until an off duty LEO came to the counter with a problem with his Glock.

He came to shoot his duty gun, a Glock 17, but the entire cartridges kept falling out of the front of the barrel. This officer was not new on the job as he was going to retire in a year and a half. He handed me the barrel and showed me the ammunition which were re-manufacture 9mm. As I inspected the barrel and the ammunition I notice that the barrel looked to be in perfectly good condition but he was right, the entire cartridge slid through the barrel.

He said he needed the gun by Saturday as he had to work that day. I showed him a couple Gen 4s and said if he got a note from the boss we could do cash and carry. I also offered to let him use one of my guns in case we couldn't work something out.

At any rate, I reassembled the firearm and as I started to look at the serial numbers to log the firearm in the Gun Smith book I notice that it was a Glock 22. I said this ain't a nine it's a forty and he replied that ain't my gun. I said this has to be you gun you just gave it to me.

Seems someone grabbed the wrong firearm out of the gun locker and the rest is prerecorded history.

The officer left with a little egg on his face but damned glad he didn't have to buy a new pistol. Another Glock Horror Story. Strange but true.

2. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is a glock horror story...?

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

As a Glock Armorer I have a very strange sense of humor. Lighten up, I'm not bad rapp'n Glocks. I thought it was kind of a funny situation.

4. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Before you call me a liar you had better try it for yourself. And after you find out your full of Bullchit I expect an apology.

5. MB44

MB44 New Member

Uhhh I'll be watching this thread,... seems like another GLOCK storm brewing,...

:rolleyes:

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Damn straight. :mad:

Oh yeah, that was funny! :D

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I think he's currently editing his post. :D

Openly calling someone a liar is not cool to say the least. I've been doing more reading than posting lately and it seems mr G37 needs an attitude adjustment.

8. theicemanmpls

theicemanmpls New Member

it sticks

I am new here, and don't wish to take sides in this argument. I took my 40 H&K out of the safe, droped a 9mm into the chamber, and sure enough it STUCK in the barrel. I had to field strip the USP to get the 9mm out. Maybe it was a .45 the LEO had?

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

My bad, I thought you were being serious about it being a Glock problem :rolleyes: It's definitely pretty funny that somebody made that mistake. I'm glad nobody was hurt though

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Wow, can you elaborate? Oh, and .002" difference does mean that somethig can slip through. Especially when the uber awesome Gaston's Bastion is involved...

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Would the rifling make a difference? Lands and grooves to Glock's type of rifling? (Brain fade on Glock's rifling style).

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Where is the popcorn smilie when you need it?

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

GIRL FIGHT

[​IMG]

I got $20 on Joe.....

14. theicemanmpls

theicemanmpls New Member

how about 45 acp? Would the 9mm loaded round fall through the barrel?
    I like french fried taters. Give me some bigins.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqTWQiTlhKQ&feature=related]YouTube - french fried tators[/ame]

15. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

You haven't tried it yet, have you?

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Personally, I'm in favor of closing all the brand specific areas in the handgun sections. Way to many people get their panties wadded up and act like little kids when everybody doesn't worship the same gun that they do.

I could care less what guns you like or if you hate the guns I like - what does it really matter? I try to share what I know and my experiences with a wide variety of guns but lately all the threads seem like useless pissing contests...

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

AMEN!!! I'm so tired of seeing the glocks suck, no they rule, pissing contests. 1911s are for old men, no they're the greatest weapon ever....it gets old.

18. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I wasn't trying to offend any fellow Glock owners I was trying to share a rather funny personal experience I had yesterday.

By the way, when I got home last night I tried to drop a 9mm cartridge through my Mod 22 Gen 3 and the same thing happened. So what, does this make a Glock any less firearm, if it did I wouldn't own them.

19. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I believe Joe.

NGIB,

Ending the handgun specific section would not aleviate the problem I'm afraid.

G37,

When are you going to try it?

:rolleyes:

20. billt

billt New Member

9x19mm Parabellum

Specifications

Case type Rimless, tapered

Bullet diameter 9.00 mm (0.354 in)

Neck diameter 9.65 mm (0.380 in)

Base diameter 9.93 mm (0.391 in)

Rim diameter 9.96 mm (0.392 in)