NY - today is the day - register or else!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by wittmeba, Apr 15, 2014.

1. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

2. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Another bad day in the life of a New Yorker, we just cant win for losing here! Good news for me is I dont have any that fit Andy's definition of a Military Weapon. The Bad news is I will never be able to own one now as long as I am a resident of the state. I do have lots of friends that do own them and have made a habit of not asking them if they are going to register cause I dont want to know if they didnt. Thats not to say I wouldnt agree that they did the right thing, I just dont want to know. I do know a couple of buddies that have temporarily/ permanently gifted their beloved black guns to family members out of state with hopes an overturning of the Act happens before they die so that they can return to their home of record legally.

So far the bullet background check has failed to happen because they didnt get the data base up and running in time. I havent heard any NY stats on registration, they are being pretty mum about the whole thing. Tomorrow is another day, a new day, a day when free NY'ers yesterday become potential felons as of Wednesday if they fail to comply.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ault-weapon-registration-deadline-approaches/

The proof will be in the pudding once the arrests begin. Upstate NY isnt NYC or Albany, their are more legal privately owned guns in one county here than in all of NYC and Albany combined. Will they or wont they prosecute to the full extent of the law? 95% of County Executives in NY have disavowed the Safe Act and sworn to fight it until it dies completely but its the DA's that will be put in the position to decide, they are elected so prosecuting these "crimes against Andy" may come with a price and cost they didnt sign up for, the unemployment line.

Lots of non NYers say NY has lost the fight but I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, the fight has only just begun, the first prosecutions under mandatory registration and confiscation at a later date will spawn lawsuits that never end until the registration ends.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

That was a pretty good article, WF38. I liked the picture of the "filled out" form. But I ask the same thing of NY as I asked of Conn. How, exactly, are they going to know who has one of these guns? Are they just going to grab the first guy dumb enough to shoot one in public? I learned yesterday that Conn. has had a form of registration for a long time now, is the same true in NY?

4. WebleyFosbery38

Its gonna be mistaken finds for the most part unless someone else reports them.-

---Get pulled over for speeding, "Sir, whats that smell?" or one of 20 other probable causes they can use to search your vehicle. They find a Black gun, they arrest.

---Your house gets broken into and your weapons and television get stolen, you cant report the black ones but they show up in a crime scene or the robbers get nailed later with your TV and guns, the Black one gets traced back to you (original sales receipt from a legal dealer) and your arrested for being robbed.

---Time passes, the Bullet Background check finally kicks in and youve been fingered as buying a crapload of 5.56 but you dont have any semi auto black guns registered. This could be probable cause for looking deeper, most people dont straw purchase legal guns so they probably didnt care about the serial number of that weapon and sale linked to you when you bought it pre-ban. A little official sleuthing with a court order shows that you bought an AR-15 for Y2K but didnt register it or report you sold it, search warrant is issued, they find the black gun, you go to jail...

---NYS has figures on how many Black Guns should have been registered and 50% dont seem to show up on the books. They compel anyone that sells weapons and or ammo to turn over copies of their receipts for the last 2 years and the hunt is on. One by one, 1000 beancounters pour over data and put together a watch list of possible felons. Any sales of items that are black weapon like spawns a search warrent.

Conspiracy? Not on your life, its reality; the 8 bullet overload clause of the Safe Act already provided case law that is akin to the possibilities sited above. Lookem up, the casual discovery of noncompliance loads has been prosecuted!!!

My 1904 Webley Fosbery 38, 8 shooter revolver has been relegated to 7 shots!!!!!!!!!!!

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, all those sound reasonable....

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

They all sound reasonable but they all suck!

They can always use the old standby, "We have reason to believe...". << Yeah, right! Then the burden of proof falls on the LAC (or has-been LAC).

I wonder if Cuomo sleeps well at night and if he has a gun by his bedside?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  7. WebleyFosbery38

Coumo doesnt need guns, we hire lots of them to guard his sorry ass for him. He wouldnt know what to do with one if he had it anyways. Most of his life has been spent well protected by the taxpayer/ armed conscript public servant starting with being offspring of one of the most hated Libturd governors of NY ever (At least the real state, Upstate), then he spent a bunch of years in Washington as HUD Sec, more armed guards while he worked.

Now he's in New Yorks big house, their isnt an hour of the day someone with a fully loaded Semi or Fully Auto Weapon isnt close by.

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Agreed.

My Guess would be yes and yes.

Governors get that kind of protection?

9. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Bad boy, bad boy, what ya gonna do when they come for you, bad boy, bad boy!!

10. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I'm waiting for the day when BHO, Bloomberg and Cuomo all show how safe the world has become by having their wives and daughters walk by themselves down the streets of Chicago and Detroit at 2 AM.

11. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Shouldn't a politician have to stand by his decisions? Any liberal voting for gun control should have their ARMED guards removed. They can use mace or anything else allowed civilians, but definitely no pistols or "assault weapons," that would cause crime in the streets! Take away Feinstein's (and all other liberals) personal weapons permit and leave them the defenses they allow for everyone else. Politicians should be bound by their own beliefs.

12. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

...and equally to taking their guns and guards guns if they break the law prosecute them to the fullest...don't allow it to be blown off as an "I forgot..." or "I didn't mean to...". No exceptions!

13. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

I'm not registering anything or turning in any magazines I'm tired of worrying about it anymore enough is enough. I'm keeping my property that I legally paid for and is mine.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Or, perhaps,"LEAD BY EXAMPLE" I notice B.O.s kids are pretty well

protected by a phalanx of SS armed to the teeth with EVERY weapon

HE feels WE shouldn't have, "for the safety of the children"?

How about representatives of the people being treated as the people, rather than a superior race of beings?

Or there's always sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  15. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I ate some pickled eggs and farted in a jar. I then proceeded to send it to Cum-o (how ever you spell the gov's name) and regestered it an an ASSault weapon.

16. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Registration will eventually lead to confiscation. But in New York non-registration + ammo BG check guarantees confiscation. I feel sorry for you dudes up there in Libtard Land.

17. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Just read these two posts quickly in sequence - sounds good! Let them confiscate the jar :D :D :D

18. mseric

mseric New Member

Nope, she can still be loaded with all eight.

http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wgrz/news/SAFEACT-Decision.pdf

The ban on muzzle brakes is voided, however, because legislators worded them as "breaks."
    The provision banning pistols which are "versions" of fully-automatic weapons is also unconstitutionally vague.
    The face-to-face ammunition sale requirement was upheld.
    He found that that standard-capacity magazines are "commonly owned for lawful purposes" and that a requirement limiting the amount of rounds loaded is "more than a “marginal, incremental or even appreciable restraint” on the right to keep and bear arms." As such, that was thrown out.

19. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

How in the world can they say "face-to-face ammunition sale" is not against free commerce?

20. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I would have recommended pickled eggs and CHILLI. (See the recent thread for recipes.):D Although, that might fill the jar with just more than gas......