NY sucks

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by st_superman, Oct 21, 2008.

1. st_superman

st_superman New Member

i officially hate nys even more than i did before because today i found that not only do you have to be 21 to purchase ANY handgun but also you have to wait 6 months and get 7 civil servant references to boot then pay some special "gun" tax and at this i found my new fueled hate i cant even take a handgun out hunting with me and now ill have to waste extra shotgun or rifle ammo just to put the friggin deer down if i had a bad shot this pisses me off

2. freefall

freefall New Member

so move. write to the governor and tell him why. don't move to alaska, we have too many people now.

3. REDTAIL

REDTAIL Member

NY sucks?

It sounds like you live in the nyc area,move to anywhere in the upstate area as gun permits are far easier to obtain, forget writing to a Gov. who did not ask for the job in the first place, he is a liberal democrat and you will only be beating a dead horse :mad:

4. NYPD13

NYPD13 New Member

And It Gets Worse Every Year.
    Move Out Of New York State, Before Its Too Late.

5. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Move West, young man! You'll be welcome out here as long as you leave you NY city attitudes back East.

Guns and stuff are easier, but the government (generally) doesn't pretend to be your mommy so much.

6. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Amen on that. The northwest rocks.:D

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Federal regulations prohibit sales of handguns to anyone under 21 from a licensed dealer, it's apparently silent about private transactions. States can restrict as well. So don't just get mad at NYS for not getting a handgun.

8. st_superman

st_superman New Member

right now i have lack of funds to move otherwise i would i lived out in arizona for a year i dont know why the sane hell i left but it happend and scott g you have a point but there are too many people here that would say that is breaking the law but it is a loophole

9. Zappa

Zappa New Member

I hate NY too, but you don't really know the meaning of "suck" until you've lived under the mega oppressive guns laws in mAssachusetts.......

10. neal7250

neal7250 New Member

That's why I moved from Long Island to South Carolina;):D

11. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

Ahhhh... the splendors of being a native Texan.

12. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

You could move to Virginia like I did. The deer are about the size of chihuahuas here in the south, but if you shoot 3 or 4 of them, you can make a meal.
    You aren't anywhere near the Thousand Islands, are you? State senator Darrel Aubertine is a hunter, so you should start by publicly questioning him about any intentions of getting rid of some of the ridiculous handgun laws up there. I don't know about Renzi, but with the current pissing contests going on between the two, it might be a good time to bring up the topic.

13. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Stop picking on NYC. It's not like the mayor ignores term limits or anything...oh, forget I said that.:)

14. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Yankees suck. I mean, NYS sucks. Those gun laws sound ridiculous, but not much compares to MA. :(

15. stamour547

stamour547 New Member

You must live down near the city. I live in the Adirondacks and only took me about 3-5 weeks to get my permit with no hassles at all. 4 references, finger prints, application and i was done. If it was any simpler to get a permit the state wouldn't be issuing them... I think like vermont if i'm not mistaken. Hamilton county in particular (where i live) is the easiest county to get a permit from what i have heard.

16. JD57

JD57 New Member

Thats one of the many reasons I moved from CA to OH.
    Half my guns would be illegal in CA.

17. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Come on down to Virginia, folks. We like that idea about building the fence to control immigration, but we are looking at running it along the Potomac.......:rolleyes:

Get here soon enuff, you can help us build it!

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

[​IMG]

19. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I love Colorado!!!! I took an NRA class that was 3 days long. Great class. Got to shoot in the dark, from behind baracades, practiced shooting before getting stabbed. ( the Stabber was behind you.) You had to place two shots in a target in front of you before he could stab you in the back. I was done in one weekend. Applied for my permit the next Tuesday. They said it would take 6 weeks. Two weeks later I was carrying with a valid permit in my wallet!!! I love Colorado!!!! We don't even need references...just a background check.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  20. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

LMPWAO! (Extra letters:eek:lissbwqt)