NY state gun permit holders released

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Gojubrian, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

2. bkt

bkt New Member

That's gonna piss off a lot of folks....

Any idea how new this site is?

3. bkt

bkt New Member

I did a whois lookup on the site and it was created April 26 of this year.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is absolutely discusting. I can't believe the release of this kind of information is even legal.

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It gives people's names. Not as bad as the Indiana newspaper thing. St ill I wonder about it's legality.:mad:

6. bkt

bkt New Member

The "old" list gives names only (which you can look up in a phone book to get full addresses) and the new list gives names and full addresses.

That's useful to criminals who want to increase their firearm supply or to know what house not to break into.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

How about people who have restraining orders or no contact orders? Now, their aggressor can simply look them up and see if they have a gun. I'm mainly thinking about battered and abused women trying to protect themselves.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Someone tried to post this info on Texas CHL holders a few years back. Quickly got blocked. New York is certainly not Texas.

9. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. This is a very dangerous precedent to set.

One of my favorite quotes fits in with the kind of thinking that allows this kind of thing -"Liberalism is a mental disorder".

10. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

NY and CA politiccs will never be right again. One word...move.

11. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

Worst part is that you can download the entire data base! :eek:

Being able to look someone up is bad enough, but being able to download all of it? :mad:

12. bkt

bkt New Member

I grabbed both CSV files. You can search by street or city or town. There is a lot of incidental knowledge you can gain by doing this, and it bothers the crap out of me. This can only serve bad guys; it serves no purpose for anyone else.

13. bkt

bkt New Member

A few years back, that's what I was considering doing. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense that the disease afflicting leftist states won't stay confined to leftist states: they will spread to other states. We need to fix the problem where it's at.

14. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Pistol permits are public records under New York law. Under current law, New Yorkers have a right to know who in their state is licensed to legally possess a pistol, or conversely, who is not licensed. See the statute quoted at the top of this page

According to NY law, New Yorkers have the right to know who is licensed. I guess when you get your pistol license, you forfiet your right to privacy!
    Oh how I wish that 2A had been incorperated to the states!

15. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I wish someone would release the New Jersey CCW holder list...just so I can ask them how the F*&^ they did it. :(

16. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

Come on Bro, you know all it takes is to be connected.

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member