NY safe act exposed by SCOPE

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by WebleyFosbery38, Jul 3, 2013.

1. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I tried to attach this poster that highlights the NY Safe acts intentions to strip NYers of our 2A rights but it was too large, check it out. This is the plan that they will be trying to move forward with in Washington. If they cant get it all at once, they will take a piece at a time.

http://www.scopeny.org/images/SAFEAct Revealed 8-June-2013.pdf

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Wow!
    That sucks. Infringed as hell!

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Politcs in NY state are dominated by the liberals in the Rotten Apple. It matters not what citizens in upstate and western NY desire. The OP is right: Nationally, the criminal coddling anti self-defense types would like it all in one big swoop like the liberals in NY state. But they will settle for a number of gun restrictions over time.

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

We've struggled in MI with incremental GAINS, because the constitutional carry crowd flood the legislature with "I'm a gun owner and don't support this law", because they want it all at once.

5. HankStone

HankStone New Member

They "can't" take guns from minorities without outlawing guns from all,you know?

But no politician will tell you that,it would be a racist act to do so!

6. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

Wow. That would earn a pitchfork and torch party out here.

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Well duh!!! Of course they want to strip us all of the 2nd Amendment. How else can they enacta totalitarian dictatorship?

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

!

I have spent a lot of time in Buffalo the last ten years, and at one point was interviewing to move to Woodstock. Seems like great people. Why don't you guys secede from NYC? Oh, never mind, you guys pay for everything in the city, and they need you. Silly me, I forgot!

In Woodstock in 1983 a $70K home had close to $4K in property taxes, plus the 7% sales tax at the time, and the graduated income tax. And they wondered why I turned down the job offer to live in Central PA and work in Maryland, Hmm, and $80K house with $1K property tax, 6% sales tax, and only 3% state and local income tax. Just seemed like my salary went further!