NY nazi-ish gun laws..any way round em?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by REDMIST89, Sep 10, 2011.

1. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

I got to thinking last night...i plan to conceal carry in PA and that shouldn't be an issue but then i thought that probably 4-5 times a year i have to make the 6hr drive back up to see my family in the Nazi gun law state of NY..Im a NYer after all..anyway id still like to CCW but ik NY doesn't recognize other states permits.So is there anyway to do this?,beside risking 2 yr prison term cuz id like to still carry when i visit my family.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Do the crime, do the time.

Enjoy your stay in club fed.

A public forum (if anywhere) is no place to discuss circumvention of the law.

3. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

i wasnt lookin to get round em the illegal way hence why i said "beside risking 2 yr prison term" ,i was wondering if there was a way to LEGALLY do it...some small not very well known loophole,etc...im not risking yrs in prison thank you very much

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No way around it brother.... Without risking prison time.... I wouldnt take tht chance

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The laws in NY suck, but they're the laws.

You have my sympathy. I'm in California and the laws here are just as bad if not worse.

6. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

god damn it -_-.......ya i got a buddy who did time in state prison,n from him talkin bout it,not a place i wanna be EVER,i'll leave my guns in PA on my visits home.

7. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

oh ya...i wanted to buy a pistol when i turned 21 in NY a yr or so ago..but still lived in ny...checked the process out,F that sh!t and waited till i lived in PA...i agree they suck and ik i gotta follow them :mad:

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You would need to go through the process of getting a concealed carry permit in NY. Keep in mind that many municipalities have different requirements, procedures and often times agendas. :mad:

Since you mentioned that you had already looked into buying a handgun than I assume you are familiar with the basic permitting procedures? :confused:

My advice, go back to NY as little as possible ... it's what I do ;)

9. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

You might think the requirements are a back breaker...But many people I know went through the process and now cc in NY...I'm from the Buffalo area so it's not AS restricted as "the City" area.....

Just do the do, get your NY license to supplement your PA one.....

You're doing an awful lot of complaining and not much to do to fix your problem.

10. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

to be honest..i don't wanna get the NY one,it takes a long time and honestly im not in NY enough to warrant the cost.I was just asking if there way a way to make a PA one work you know..but there isnt,so ill just leave the guns at home on my visits and as the guy above u said make my visits few n far between.

11. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

this is my plan ^ lol...only go back for xmas,t-giving,Easter lol the rest of the time avoid ny

12. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

o come on....it's really not that bad...I'm a gun nut and I can survive...I'm in Missouri for school on a shooting team and they give me the deal on how NY sucks...but Illinois and California are worse...

and really...you should've went to Vermont :p

13. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

ya prolly but gun laws weren't on my consideration list when i moved outta NY..grew up here n all but don't like it, and ya I'm just not a patient person,the NY process to get the permit,etc takes too damn long lol.

14. Rarity

Rarity New Member

I was born and raised in Queens, NY. It is truly horrible to even purchase a firearm, let alone the permit to carry in the city. All of the celebrities, and big shots like Mayor Bloomberg and his nazi thugs carry. :rolleyes:

It's sick, especially when you get a permit to purchase ANYTHING. You have to actually take the firearm to the PD and have it inspected. I have this feeling inside me every-time I think of my weapons.

Whenever I visit an FFL, I hate when someone puts their hands all over my guns. I have never said anything but it is just a personal problem I have, I have never complained about it though.. :p (Got that off my chest)

I am glad I met my Wife, Maryland isn't as bad as it was in the city 7 day wait sure does beat a stupid permit! Although, the conceal carry is a no-no here for MANY people who haven't gotten theirs.. but I'll tell you one thing, it is better applying here than New York City.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  15. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

why dont you move out of that RAT HOLE?.whats to like about living therer?

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Born and raised in New York City (Harlem).
    I can tell you that having any kind of defensive
    weapon to protect yourself in NYC invites a plethora
    of facist laws to come against you. In a twisted
    sense of injustice invariably the punks & cowards are
    normally left alone. Self-preservation is against the law
    in New York.

I remember once when two black thugs
    accosted a hispanic man on a subway platform. One
    thug was thrown into the tracks breaking his forearm in
    the fall, and the other severely beaten. The police arrived,
    surveyed the damage done, and arrested the hispanic man
    holding him accountable for his actions in breaking the thugs
    forearm. Go figure that out!

17. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

if you were referring to me,i did once..only came back to let a severely shattered ankle heal up,im technically a PA resident(pa drivers license) and im moving back

18. REDMIST89

REDMIST89 New Member

this kinda **** is why i hate NY..im not from NYC though,i was raised in the part that everyone forgets exist when you say "New York"- upstate NY and the cops up here,least were im from are just as likely to blame u in an incident as your attacker or arrest u for anything,i mean hell i was almost ARRESTED(cuffs on me and all) when i was 17 because my bmx bike i was riden didn't have reflectors,and when i reported this to the police station sargent he said the cop was "doing his job" so ya off topic ik but ik about crooked cops n ****..and on to the real topic even up here the gun laws are ridiculous,i mean id need a NYS pistol permit to even buy ammo for my gun..seriously?? i can buy a 100 round box of ruger 9mm for like 10 bux down in PA in WALMART..all they as is ur id..so NY sux n so do its laws

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  19. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

upState is alot EASER then DOWN STATE.

remember Bernie Getz?

20. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

What could the Police do if you bought a pistol strongbox and locked your "LEGAL" weapon up in the trunk of your vehicle? The Police have to recognize you're out of State and traveling. They can't just overlook the fact you're from Pa. and you having the required CCW from that State. Isn't it Un-Constitutional to give one People have the right to carry arms while another People cannot? Do THEY have the proper CCW permits? NOBODY is ABOVE the LAW. From what I know, the 2nd says that "No one can infringe upon your rights to bear arms", if done according to Law. Just because you're from another State, doesn't mean that a different State's City Laws are grounds for Prison terms because of traveling with a weapon. Just don't bring out the weapon from it's locked box and also have it unloaded with the shells in different portion of vehicle.
    Del