Numbering on magazine clips

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by jmontie, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmontie

jmontie New Member

I was noticing the numbering on my clips. It shows the number of rounds, but instead of "9" they have a "6". I was wondering if this is normal.

I forgot I have a XD 9mm Tactical

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

¡ɹəʌo ʇı uɹnʇ ¡uʍopəpısdn əuızɐƃɐɯ əɥʇ ƃuıploɥ əɹɐ noʎ

3. jmontie

jmontie New Member

Duh!!! I think if I can read the "6" right I can read the "9" right.

I'm looking for information on this, not a comedian.

4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Relax jmontie, you need a thick skin around here. Sure c3's just messin with ya!
    Its probly just a glitch at the factory. Got any pics??
    My little cousin just bought a XDM in 9mm a few weeks back, the no's on his were right. Great pistol.
    Welcome to FTF

5. jmontie

jmontie New Member

I'm relaxed, and have a pretty thick skin. If you offer comments like that, at least follow it with a suggestion. If c3 don't like my comments, well mine was a response to his.

Anyway back to the original post. Attached are photos of the mag's. You can clearly seeit goes from 8 to 6 to 10.

You are right, it is probably a glitch and they work fine. It's just for the money you pay for the gun they should be able to count.

Attached Files:

6. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

I would say the same about the glitch thing. Also just a point that is near and dear to my hart. These are magazines not clips. Clips hold ammo on them magazines hold ammo in them. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't have a clue.

7. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

I wonder if they got that employee M&m let go for throwing away all the w's

8. jmontie

jmontie New Member

Yeah, I figured it was a glitch, just wondered if anyone else had run accross it.

Oh, by the way it is spelled heart. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't know how to spell.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

He could have a pet deer that is annoyed by terminology flubs. :D

I will have to take a look at my mags; I do remember the numbers looked odd for some reason. Mine is the .45 tactical, though.

10. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

Oh, by the way it is spelled heart. I'm not attempting to be an A$$hole, I just don't want you to sound like you don't know how to spell.[/QUOTE]

Nice one, my bad I do suck at spelling. It is just one of those things that gets to me. I now I came across like an ass then I can't spell in my post, I'm a dumb as what can I say. Any how good luck with that. :rolleyes:

11. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I have 2 mags from my XD9 in hand, and they make perfect sense to me. The mags in your pics look just like these two. Left column even, right column odd. If you are one of the people who received the U.N. mags (Upside-down Nine) you should send them to me.

12. jmontie

jmontie New Member

Why would I want to send them to you? They work fine, it is just a quirk I noticed.

13. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Perhaps it was an attempt at humor? This thread seems like much ado about nothing and a little humor was welcome...

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

ʎ1uo ɐı1ɐɹʇsnɐ uı ǝsn ɹoɟ ʇuɐǝɯ ǝɹɐ ǝsoɥʇ :D

15. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

˙ǝsodɹnd uo ʇou sɐʍ odʎʇ ǝɥʇ ǝɹns ɯ,ı ˙ɯǝʇı ɹǝʇɟɐ ʇɥƃnos ʎlɥƃıɥ ɐ ǝq plnoɔ ʎǝɥʇ ˙sƃɐɯ ɹnoʎ uo ɥɔɹɐǝsǝɹ ǝlʇʇıl ɐ op plnoɥs noʎ 'ǝıʇuoɯɾ

˙uʍop ǝpısdn doʇ dɐl ʎɯ uɹnʇ ǝɯ ƃuıʞɐɯ ɹoɟ ɹǝʇooɥsᄐɔ noʎ ǝsɹnɔ

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Drat! The ones on my XD45 look normally oriented. I was hoping i had some collectable mags. :(

17. jmontie

jmontie New Member

Damn, I thought I put this in the XD forum, seems like it should have put it in the humor forum.

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I've looked everywhere on my clips and can't find any numbers???

[​IMG]

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I think a sense of humor is a prerequisite for posting in the humor section so...:cool:

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

We got a humor section?? [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.