Nra

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by sirhc, Dec 19, 2012.

1. sirhc

sirhc Member

Any changes in peoples view of the NRA? I have been hearing some are not going to renew membership. Then I see the article listed on the web. My membership is up the end of January and was wondering if I should pay for another 3 years or put that money to use for ammo? ;-)

http://www.newsmax.com/US/gary-hart-gun-control/2012/12/19/id/468448

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Well if you fail to support groups like the NRA what are you going to do with that ammo...throw it at the bad guys? :)

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

but of course renew it! in three years time, if everyone felt like you, there may not be any ammo or new firearms to buy. we can never relent in our struggle for defending the 2nd admendment.

if i could afford it i would join as life member! i let my membership lapse many, many years ago. i renewed mine again, just about three years ago. i don't ever plan on letting it lapse again. i will renew at least yearly if nothing else.

4. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have been a life member since 1987. This year for christmas, my dad and I split the cost of a 3 year membership for my wife, and my daughter. Renew your membership. Atleast then you will have better representaition on firearms matters.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

NO! They piss the money away mailing to current members

begging for more money.

They don't deserve it. If they had tried, they could have helped us

win the election. Instead they intentionally screwed the pooch.

They've gotten my last dime.

6. M1Anut

M1Anut New Member

Easy now..

7. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I was a member for many years but stopped re-enlisting when it felt like they were too entrenched in Washington and not supportive of the membership or the 2A. Republicans have compromised too much and the NRA has been less than effective at encouraging them to get right!

I'm reconsidering due to the full frontal assault that is being staged across America in the wake of a whackjob pedophile with a stolen pistol.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Go it the 2 pronged approach. GOA and NRA

9. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I will strongly consider that. I wish all these places would offer a low cost statutory membership that excluded the robo-calls, mass mailings, hats and stickers. If its the numbers we need (and it is), an economy like this doesnt allow many folks the choice of a membership or a couple days of food for their family.

Think about the real unrepresented masses that have been the greatest proponents to the 2a; Redneck backwoods hunters, trappers and others that dont have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out! Most of them actually depend on that right to survive. Many dont have cable TV, the internet or even a local paper (and couldnt afford it if they did) but they have mouths to feed and while the cost we pay for representation may be trivial to us, its food to their children. What if you had the choice between an NRA Membership or a box of Shotgun Shells and dinner for a week from hunting but not both?

10. DrJason

DrJason New Member

While I don't always agree with the NRA, I am a member and plan on continuing being a member for the foreseeable future, there will never be a "perfect" organization but in general I feel they "have my back".

11. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if we just spent 10% of the money we spend on Guns and Ammo towards the NRA, we would not have to fear so much that our supply will dry up??

If we donate some of that money we may never need to cache our weapons/ammo

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  12. -06

-06 New Member

GOA is a fine option. The NRA is not the only voice amid the din. In N.C. we have Grassroots that is a nice org. Valone gives'em hell---and richly deserved.

13. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

You do what you have to do, I'm sticking.

14. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

15. HM2Grunt

HM2Grunt New Member

I have heard some dissenters, and agree with some points, specifically, they really should be a little less wasteful with the monies donated to them. We don't need the NRA hats, NRA range bags, or the magazines.

If you really enjoy the magazines, by all means take them, if you don't care about the magazines, refuse them on your membership application. they could save some money for other projects, and not need to send letters asking for donations quite so often. If the requests for more donations come in the mail with a bunch of bills, the requests usually go in the circular file.

It would also spread the membership around if less expensive memberships were available for low income. There are folks who probably have the same beliefs as the rest of the membership, but can not afford to participate. Maybe current members could sponser a Battle buddy? Just thinking.

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I don't necessarily agree. The NRA apparel is simply marketing and advertising. My roommate got his NRA hat in the mail, I saw it and 'oh yeah, I should renew my membership.'

It's the same reason Nike has that stupid swoosh on every single thing.

17. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

Life Member N.R.A.
    LifeMember C.R.P.A.
    As soon as I can,
    Am going to send a little more to each.
    Who else is helping us?
    The democrats?

18. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

NRA member, currently. My grandmother was receiving junk mail and phone calls 5 years after my grandfathers death. She sent the letters back, wrote letters, told them on the phone he was dead and not to call back, etc. It took my check with my membership renewal and a stern letter to stop them. When she receives anything from them again, I'm done. They redefined disrespect with my grandmother, imo. There are other pro 2a organizations, which I made clear in my letter.

19. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Edit: proud member of the second amendment foundation, who seem to get a lot done with a lot less $ and hot air.