NRA Will No Longer Train Or Renew Instructors Not Born On American Soil

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by AR10, Aug 29, 2013.

1. AR10

AR10 New Member

https://www.nrainstructors.org/InstructorAdmin/renewLogin.aspx

NRA cannot provide any assistance in training foreign persons due to conflicting information from the U.S. Government regarding regulations pertinent to foreign persons and arms training. NRA cannot process any requests for assistance in training foreign persons. In view of above, we regret to inform you that NRA will not renew NRA firearm instructor certification for any foreign national.

The temp under the simmering frogs, just went up one degree.

[​IMG]

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

"Foreign National" and "Not born on American Soil" are not identical terms. Our oldest son, a retired US Marine, was not born in the USA.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Exactly what is the definition of foreign national?
    Do they mean anyone that isn't a citizen?

4. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

So if I am understanding this correctly they will no longer train anyone that is not an American citizen. Unless they do training outside the US, I fail to see the problem.

6. AR10

AR10 New Member

My certification is paid up through mid 2015. If this policy lasts that long, when I come up for reup, how does the NRA determine I fall into their new policy, unless they start collecting birth records, or they are in bed with the gov?

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I was having the same Thought myself.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

basically they dont want to train folks coming here from the muslim brotherhood (alqueda obama's chosen people) and them taking that training overseas to use in their campaign of genocide and gassing schoolchildren...

thats my take on it at least

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The title and the statement do not jive. I have no problem with training and certifying legal residents and naturalized who may or may not have been born on American soil (as C3 points out, there are American-born citizens who were born on foreign soil). I do have a problem with training possible enemies of the American people. But quite honestly I do not think that al Quaida is sending a bunch of militants here to get NRA instructors certification. Don't they do all of that training in the sand countries?

It looks like the NRA will not certify or renew for foreigners. It says nothing about naturalized citizens.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The way I'm looking at it (at this point) is feds have a boot on the nras throat. Who at the NRA is using what for verification and who in the feds is stockpiling this information?

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I agree with you on that score. The ironic part is that they won't require voter IDs. Guess they don't want to discriminate against foreign voters.

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Doesn't exactly add up, does it??

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Though I do agree that we should probably not be training foreigners, I am quite certain that there will be exceptions. A blanket prohibition is not good.

14. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Maybe they plan on requiring a copy of a birth certificate or social security card before they issue the certification. That's how I'd verify it if I were faced with their conundrum.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not sure I'm willing to hand over the info they want (not to mention money) for them to transfer to the feds or whatever just so I can keep being liable for a gun range.

16. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I think the NRA is making the point that the federal regulations are incoherent and they can't tell how or whether they are within the law. Given the horde of Gun Zombies just waiting to swarm the NRA for any illegality, including Mr. Eric Holdup, I wouldn't blame them for steering clear.

17. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

If the Feds want your birth certificate I'm pretty sure they can get it. If they want your social security number, I know for a fact they can get that. And as far as the NRA giving their list of trainers to the Feds, well judging from the latest NSA scandal BS, the feds can dig those files out of the NRAs computers without a warrant anyway.

You know Eric Holdup's not gonna do anything about illegal searches and seizures. (Unless its search and seizure of voter fraud evidence or illicit drugs of course. That I'm sure they would want thrown out.)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  18. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

NRA instructors have been targeted by various groups from outside the U.S. They are offering "Big" bucks for handgun training. They need the NRA certification to acquire forged CCW permits in the U.S. As a Certified NRA Handgun Inst. I have been contacted by large groups mostly from China wanting to earn NRA Certification. This has become a serious problem. The NRA is not checking out anyone. We are however refusing to work with these foreign nationals. These are well organized and heavily financed criminal operations. I don't think honest NRA members want their instructors involved in these crimes. As always the Anti-NRA crowd attacks the NRA before they check into the facts. Authorities have been working on this for several years. :)

19. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

So let me get this straight, you need proper ID ie. legal birth certificate to be an NRA instructor but not to vote or be president. :rolleyes:

20. AR10

AR10 New Member

That about sums it up in a nutshell.

After WWII, we let the mad scientists escape to the US, in fact, we put them to work. I wonder if we also let a few crooked politicians escape to the west? Seems like we are headed down simular roads today, where forged papers for some are accepted, and others are hunted regardless of proper papers.

On the news yesterday, I saw a video of a you tube blogger who was arrested, and his guns confiscated on trumped up charges, and now he is trying to get his gun collection back.

It is not that we should block pegon English speaking persons from Cessna flight school, or NRA basic pistol classes, we should lock down the damn borders in the first place, so the illegals are not here to begin with.