NRA poll

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by lbwar15, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

As anyone taken the poll the NRA emailed to its members?

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Why did you do that?

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I forget. I was either busy with something else or something about it rubbed me the wrong way.

4. krisko09

krisko09 New Member

When was this? Haven't recieved a poll yet..?

5. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Poll? Sorry. Didn't see it...although I haven't been paying much attention to the mail the NRA has been sending me for quite a while.

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Glad Im not alone...

7. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I can't believe they are trying to sell wine! I try to keep guns and wine seperate.

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i've belonged to the NRA for over 50 years. The stuff they've sent me would not fit in a boxcar. Over the years i've donated thousands to the NRA. Recently the NRA has really pissed me off with their urgent messages, ranting letters about non-existent threats to our gun rights and pleas for more money; while the NRA movers and shakers pull down big bucks.

My contributions may resume after La Pierre and his bloated staff take significant pay cuts.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  9. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

For years we NRA members tried running against the Left Wing power houses with untrained under paid managers. The labor unions who are antigun have very highly paid bosses. The unions will donate 5 Billion to the left wing causes and Obama this election cycle. The Hollywood elite who make millions attack the NRA and gun owners with their dollars. Bloated NRA staff over paid? What should the NRA Staff be paid? How much would you reduce or managment level peoples income?:confused:

NRA Benefactor
    NRA Certified Inst.

10. alsaqr

Lets start with La Pierre: He sure as hades does not deserve his one million dollars per year salary.

The biggest problem i have with the NRA staff is their recent decision to support the whole Republican ball of wax. i ain't buying it at all. i could care less that the progunner is a John Brown preacher type or a lesbian Wiccan.

Then there is that phoney crap about "Ronald Reagan, the gunowners champion". Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act as CA governor, making the carry of loaded guns illegal. The Reagan administration banned the importation of two semi-auto shotguns: The first time a long gun was banned from import. After he left office Reagan shilled for the "assault weapons" ban and the Brady bill.

The NRA decision to get into "conservative" politics cost them about $500,000 when i changed my will, deleting the donation of a piece of property to the NRA on my death.

11. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

It seems the NRA has taken the other path. The Brady Gun Control movement also feels Reagan and the Republicans were too conervitive on gun rights issues. The Liberal Left wing movement has never fit into the NRA gun rights movement. Maybe your donation would fit better with a more Liberal movement. Regards.;)

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't donate to the NRA for two reasons. One is they charged an unauthorized donation on my credit card & rather than refund it, they extended my wife's membership for two years. She no longer belongs to the NRA, but I have to as a requirement for membership at the range that I use.

The other is that they have endorsed & donated to Harry Reid in the past. I would puke at the thought that any of my money went to the likes of him & I told them so. I think maybe they caught flak from a lot of folks because I noticed that they did not officially endorse him in his last bid for re-election, although they still spread garbage about him being pro 2nd.

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

Reid isnt the only lefty gun grabber the nra shills for.

14. alsaqr

No political organization will ever get one damn cent from me.

Regards.

First got seriously involved in gun rights prior to the passage of the 1968 GCA. It irked me a little when the NRA refused to condemn Republican congressmen like George Bush from TX who voted for the 1968 GCA. It irked me a little more when the NRA refused to condemn Republican congressmen who voted for the "assault weapons" ban, but my contributions kept going to the NRA. Now the idiots at the NRA are supporting an anti-gunner who signed a permanent "assault weapons" ban.

No more: The NRA will get nothing from me.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  15. JonM

JonM Moderator

I think my real issue is the nra only supports gun owners who have wooden stocked rifles chambered in 30-06 that holds 4 shots or less, shotgunners whose guns only hold two shells one in each barrel, and revolver owners who only own a s&w 8 inch barreled revolver in 38spl...

They dont support all gun owners only guns they like and gun owners they like get support. If all you got is an old remington 3006 or an upland o/u you shoot once every 5 years you got nothing to fear from harry reid and his nra friends.

16. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I got a reply back from Chuck Schumer today saying his "This legislation builds on the National Rifle Association-supported NICS Improvements Amendment Act, passed by Congress in 2007." Hes a real peach isnt he? Just building off something the NRA agreed on in 2007, proof that baby steps will take you to hell just like the full grown ones.

Thats exactly why I dont join groups like the NRA, AARP or anyone that swears they will act in my best interest because I am powerless to do so myself. Thanks but no thanks, I can make enough mistakes all by my self, I dont need their help!

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

There are many who do not support the NRA. No inflammatory comments, please, to those who feel differently than you do. We are all free to have our own thoughts, opinions and choices as to who we support.

NO FIGHTING!!! Or this thread, like many others that take a sharp turn south, will be closed. :mad:

18. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely he deserves it. LaPierre took over the NRA in 1991. Remember what it was like then? The Brady Campaign was on the march. Guns were evil. The AWB was going into effect. Concealed Carry laws were struggling to see the light of day.

Look at what has been accomplished in the last 20 years. The AWB is gone. The Brady Campaign is a shadow of its former self. Concealed Carry laws are the norm across the country. And gun control has been turned into the new 3rd rail of politics. No one who wants to get elected will touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Sure, there will always anecdotes of something the NRA or LaPierre did that ticked someone off. But on the whole, I think they have been very successful.

I'd pay him 10x that if I could.

19. billt

billt New Member

With all of this whining I'm reading about the NRA, how about telling us how we would be better without them?

And as far as the bitching about the mail they send, and donations they ask you for. Just tell them you want to be put on their Do Not Promote List. I became a life member in 1976, and if I had kept every piece of mail they sent me in those 36 years with the exception of my magazines, I doubt it would fill a shoe box half full. And how does the NRA know what kind of guns you own in regard as to how they defend your right to own them??

"Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.