Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

Premium Member
Hm. I'd have to wonder what their future presence will be, in the minds of the hired help they intend to influence, if they do move away from the "Beltway" area. I'm assuming they'll have to maintain a satellite office there, within range of DC, else they might well not remain "top of mind" with the staff in Congress and elsewhere in the federal gov't.

I wish them well. Eviscerate the cancerous lesions, get back to basics, focus hard on expanding the membership base, and rededicate themselves to an iron-clad, no-compromise stance on the RKBA and its defense. They might have half a chance, then.

They've got decades of experience in this "new" fight, and a strong brand (if fairly tarnished). They can still do some good. If they eject the bad and rethink their purpose. Seems clear that the time of people getting screwed over and tolerating it, from them, is over.

Premium Member
Laporte needs to go- he鈥檚 so corrupt and greasy he doesn鈥檛 need to walk- he just glides like a slug.

Registered
I wish they'd pick another state to move to. Most of us Texan's don't want those traitor's moving here, especially Wayne & Co.

Just watch, They will move to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, or Austin. All Liberal stronghold's, just to be with the people they love to please! F*** the NRA.

Premium Member
I wish they'd pick another state to move to. Most of us Texan's don't want those traitor's moving here, especially Wayne & Co.

Just watch, They will move to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, or Austin. All Liberal stronghold's, just to be with the people they love to please! F*** the NRA.
Wayne in particular is disgusting- spends his whole career buying himself mansions and fancy vacations, while ignoring 2A. It鈥檚 time for the GOA to take control

Premium Member
Got Gone: In the years after of War of Northern Aggression there was a custom among bad guys. They would leave a message for all to see. The painted note was "GTT" for Gone to Texas. Sometimes a person had do get out of Tennessee for other reasons. Which ever, it was away from the law and legal consequences.

Registered
With all due respect (Mike) Bloomberg isn't a source for fair discussion on 2A. As the article says:

"(Michael R. Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg News parent Bloomberg LP, is a donor to candidates and groups that support gun control, including Everytown for Gun Safety.)"

With that said....

Is the NRA going 鈥渂ankrupt?鈥

No. In fact, this move comes at a time when the NRA is in its strongest financial condition in years.

To facilitate its reorganization, the NRA and one of its subsidiaries filed voluntary chapter 11 petitions in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division. The NRA is not insolvent.

https://www.nraforward.org/questionsanswers

Premium Member
No. In fact, this move comes at a time when the NRA is in its strongest financial condition in years.
I had left the NRA when the stink started over the money. This word from the NRA runs contrary to what's been told for a long time. Membership and money had tanked. What gives? I cannot help feeling there is some NRA double talk in the passage from," NRA Forward."

Registered
And what prevented the NRA from moving to Texas before? How much longer did they expect to last in New York? I don鈥檛 buy their vague hints at strategery and taking the long view. BS. The timing could not be worse. What a prop to the Biden/Kamala inauguration.

Premium Member
The NRA sucks!!!!! They鈥檙e more worried about the Bull $*** culture wars than gun rights. I thought the National Rifle Association would be more into protecting everyone鈥檚 right to own a firearm (excluding violent felons) than whether people smoke pot or if gay people get married. That鈥檚 why I鈥檓 a GOA guy- they support the right to bear arms for all law abiding citizens, and have a live and let live attitude for every thing else. Last time I checked, our Bill Of Rights and Constitution supported the rights of all in the pursuit of happiness, not just the rights of those who live according to what the wealthiest evangelical donors to the Republican Party find acceptable. The NRA is full of $*** and everyone knows it. I鈥檓 glad they鈥檙e dying. And while they鈥檙e at it, bring down the rest of the evangelical socially conservative right with you. Our Founders said DONT TREAD ON ME, not listen to Leviticus.

Premium Member
Everything the NRA owns is hawked to the hilt, including the headquarters building. Banks have dropped the organization like a hot rock. Now the banks that hold the mortgages will get stiffed.

Premium Member
You got a link to that or are you just peddling more Bloomberg nonsense?
This is an excellent question in the age of blowing smoke etc. If one Googles "is the NRA going broke" you will quickly see there is seriously conflicting reports on the NRA financial health. Honestly, some of the bad stuff sounds like wishful thinking. I'm thinking this current geographical move aggravates an already FUBR'ed situation.

Premium Member
This is an excellent question in the age of blowing smoke etc. If one Googles "is the NRA going broke" you will quickly see there is seriously conflicting reports on the NRA financial health. Honestly, some of the bad stuff sounds like wishful thinking. I'm thinking this current geographical move aggravates an already FUBR'ed situation.
To many seem too forget there's 3 sides to every story.

Party A.

Party B.

The Truth.

Registered
Everything the NRA owns is hawked to the hilt, including the headquarters building. Banks have dropped the organization like a hot rock. Now the banks that hold the mortgages will get stiffed.
Well, i guess those banks will know how we feel about getting screwed by the NRA.

Premium Member
Virginia is not the problem. New York was peeling back the layer of BS to find some pretty serious mishandling of your money.

When the money crap started some people jumped to two conclusions. One conclusion was there was way more crooked stuff than the clothing allowance. The other conclusion was that there were more than one person involved. This conclusions came from years of experience with turds.

The anti-gun people went nuts on the scandal. Check out the "Trace" for example.

Evidently, some NRA upper level people thought Texas had no extradition treaty with Virginia. Or, was the thought of getting away with all the crap from New York in Texas. All this reorganization flunks the smell test.

Remember GTT-Gone to Texas. Did Wayne paint this on his cabin door?

Premium Member
All of that "stiffing" will depend on the judge(s) with the case.

If it turns out that this "bankruptcy" filing is a means to exit punitive and nasty NY State incorporation laws and constraints, but where the company shows sufficient assets to pay its debts, I'd like to think the court won't treat this as a typical financially-motivated bankruptcy. In such a case, it's hard to see how creditors would get stiffed if the NRA can't show they're financially in dire straits.

But, we'll see. Hopefully the filings and the questions the court's involved with get to the heart of all of this. Then we'll know.

Premium Member
The only constraints that the state of NY put on the NRA were honesty, openness, and truthfulness in their annual reports. The NRA failed on all counts.

Yep, on the one hand La'P claims the NRA is in the best financial shape ever. Then he contradicts that by declaring bankruptcy.

i've been an NRA life member since 1960. Contributed big bucks to the organization for decades. i will not give one more red cent to the NRA until La'P is history and the BOD is revamped. Began closely watching this NRA dumpster fire since it started at the 2019 convention with the airing of some very dirty laundry.

Few folks on these gun boards seldom ever research anything. Very few are aware that there are two primary NRA organizations, the NRA proper and the NRA Foundation, chartered in DC as a tax exempt charity. There are other NRA Foundations as well.

The Foundation accomplishes the mission the NRA was originally chartered for: Supporting marksmanship training, and supporting the shooting infrastructure. Sadly La'P and the BOD has plundered the NRA Foundation.

No doubt someone will inform me that the accusations made by the DC attorney general is all lies and La'P is clean as the wind driven snow:

NRA-Foundation-Complaint-Redacted.pdf (dc.gov)

The New York AG, after deposing 90 past and present members of the NRA board and numerous of the NRA leadership, claims the defendants squandered and stole about 60 million dollars. The NRA lawyer is a long time contributor to Hillary Clinton, Schumer and others. At the time of the 2019 NRA convention the lawyers were costing NRA members about $100,000 per day.

summons_and_complaint_1.pdf (ny.gov)

The **** Storm that is the NRA Today & How We Got Here (ammoland.com)

1 - 20 of 76 Posts