nra cert instructor

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I'm looking into becoming a nra instructor and I know what I have to do to get certed but where do I find the work? Any fellow members certified? How does it work, where do you find work and what kind of base pay would I be looking at?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Most of the guys I know go to sportsman clubs and gun shops and setup classes. They charge for example $100 per student and do anywhere from 6-15 student classes. The club or shop gives them the space and gets a cut (say $10/student). It also benefits the shop or club by bringing people in. It's best to offer both basic (no shooting, very short) classes and advanced classes.

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Yea, I was thinking about doing a few courses. Basic pistol, advance and some rifle. And the classes they are offered once a week or what

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Most of the guys start with once a month until word of mouth spreads and they get enough interested parties to do it more often. It takes a bit to get going but once word spreads 6-15 students a week is possible. Making around $25k a year working for 4 hours on the weekend isn't a bad gig.