NP3'd Shield

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by mag318, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mag318

mag318 Member

I've been without my Shield for several weeks but the wait was well worth it.
    Now it is just about perfect, thanks to Robar.

Attached Files:

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Wow! Your M&P Shield look really good. So did you just have the blueing removed or did you have more done than that?

3. loctite44144

loctite44144 New Member

Wow that looks grate there's just something about chrome and black

4. mag318

mag318 Member

Mark, NP3 is a teflon impregnated electroless nickle finish. Besides looking good it greatly enhances the lubricosity of the metal parts. I've had several pistols done by Robar and their work though expensive is top shelf.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Robar is an excellent company and their coatings are top shelf. I have had 3 weapons coated and they all have offered excellent reliability, while also providing unmatched holster wear protection.

I think you will find that clean up of your freshly treated weapon will be a breeze. :D

Congrats on an excellent upgrade!

JD

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Very cool I hadn't seen this before. I may have to get my LC9 spruced up with this NP3 teflon.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

VERY, very nice. Sweet!

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Can they do that to a stainless slide?

9. JPCooter

JPCooter New Member

Very nice. I have the Shield in .40. Awesome gun! Where did you get the finger extension from? I need to find one for mine.

10. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

The one with the extension is not a Shield - its a M&Pc next to the shield

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Great upgrade mag!

12. mag318

mag318 Member

Yes they can, in case you weren't aware all S&W M&Ps have stainless slides.

Attached Files:

13. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

Sho nuff! :D

14. Corndork2

Corndork2 New Member

1) CONGRATS on finding one

2) BEAUTIFUL finish :)

15. mag318

mag318 Member

Two of my friends just got their Shields back from Robar, one of who had Robar add Big Dot sights to his. I'm looking forward to trying his with the new sights, although I have to say there is nothing wrong with the factory sights.

Attached Files:

16. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I have been tempted to contact Tooltech Gunsight. They can drill sights and install tritium inserts. Way before night sights were available for the HK45 and HK45c, people sent the slides off to have this done.

They do Beretta 92 front sights this way. I know someone online who had the PX4sc done this way too. Those sights were somewhat small, and they managed to pull it off. I think the sights for the shield should work this way too... If regular, plain white circles trijicon night sights don't come out soon, I may give it a go on one of my Shields

17. mag318

mag318 Member

When I was still on the CPD I sent my Beretta 92 to Trijicon where they installed rear night sights and drilled the front sight and inserted a tritium vial. There are several vendors making night sights for the Shield. I've always favored Trijicons over the others so if they don't have a Shield specific sights yet, I'll wager they will shortly. My other M&Ps had Trijicons installed at the factory.

Attached Files:

18. shipwreck

shipwreck New Member

I've only seen those big dot sights and Trijicon HD sights so far. I don't really like the HD sights. I just want plain trijicon ones.