Now Who's the Douchebag?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by mseric, Mar 19, 2014.

1. mseric

mseric New Member

“NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ALLOWED. If you are such a loser that you feel a need to carry a gun with you when you go out, I do not want your business. Douchebag.”

That’s the message Backstreets Pub & Deli recently sent to gun owners with a sign posted in its store window. The backlash against the establishment, located in Clemson, S.C., was swift after the conservative website Twitchy posted several photos of the sign from Twitter.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...t-has-resulted-in-some-ticked-off-gun-owners/

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. What an idiot.

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

One word.....bankruptcy.

4. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Yeah I saw that report last night on Fox News pretty stupid

EZ

5. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

It is that doofus's right to post that, it MY right to laugh at him when he files chapter 11.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Yup. His yelp rating is already caput. A lot of people base restaurant decisions off ratings on that website.

I might even go make an account to help lower his ratings even more.

AND he's a CC permit holder..... wow.

7. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Stupid, but if you have a permit to pack and you obey one little resturant sign, well maybe you don't need to pack.

Screw them, no resturant determines when a permit holder should pack.

Idiots....:D

8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Any such signs post on ANY door simply say:
    WE SUPPORT THE CRIMINALS:mad:

9. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Well, as a private business owner he has the right to say who he wants or not wants to spend money at his business. On the other hand I have the right not to give him money by going to his business and advising my friends to also not spend money there. For me it kinda like when business post up no 18 wheeler signs. If my money isn't good enough when I am packing an 18 wheeler, it is not good enough when I am not...

10. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I tweeted some pretty colorful words to that a$$hole. Yelp is full of negative reviews, thanks for the news post guys!!

11. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Point understood, but a 18 wheeler blocks traffic and takes up to many parking spots which kills a persons business, However a person packing a pistol does not.

to me its just like putting a sign up that reads I am anti-gun bussiness owner and I do not support the 2A, and by the way we don't want you to have your rights as a American and oh we support all the gun grabbers and BLah, Blah, Blah.

these are the very people that are against us. I don't support them and they can put their ideas where the sun don't shine.

I see some of these signs and I will ignore them unless it is a federal builing or a LEO office which can get you arrested. :mad:

12. willshoum

willshoum New Member

The land of OZ..............

Not to fear, Hitlery Clinton is our next president, and will be Elected for a second term..................:eek::eek::eek: Oh wait, we have to fight ww 3, between dumb and dumber..............Ones on a basket ball court without a shirt, the other is riding a horse in a petting zoo without a shirt and is carrying a rifle over his shoulder like that wannabe on swamp people.............:eek:;)

13. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

In AZ if it posted by a private business that no weapons are allowed it would a misdemeanor trespassing charge if you carried in anyway. Besides that, its rude to ignore a business owner's rights on who they are willing to do business with.

When I decided to start carrying for self defense I decided to be the best ambassador of 2A rights as possible.

14. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Well hell, I must have it all wrong, I didn't think it had anything to do with business. your right they can choose to do business with who ever they want, but in AZ Guns out weigh a idiot business owner like that. who's side are you on anyway?

15. orangello

orangello New Member

There was a "backstreets" bar in Memphis. I was advised that it wasn't "my kind of place"; the adviser went on to state that there were zero women there. I skipped it.

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I notice that no one paid any attention to the location of the business. Clemson, SC is the home of Clemson university. Clemson, SC is a lot like Austin, TX a liberal bastion. Clemson has two sources of revenue, the University and people passing through on I-85. I really doubt the sign will hurt his business in the least, even if he left the sign up.

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Most of the traditional college kids are ineligible to carry anyway (underage or live on campus or currently drunk). I discussed that same issue with my Phd. sister regarding that NYT op-ed piece about "when can I shoot my student". http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/28/opinion/when-may-i-shoot-a-student.html Now that dude, that writer is indeed a douchebag.

18. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Who's side am I on? It comes down to Freedom. Who's rights are more important. Mine or a private property owner and tax payer? My answer to that, Both. My rights dose not trump the business owner, but his rights end at his front door. It boils down to what I call the "Politeness Factor". If I enter your home by invitation and you tell me to take off my shoes to avoid tracking dirt on your new rug is roughly equivalent to that jackanapes business owner not wanting weapons on his property, I.E. if I don't want to comply I can leave. Since I would not want to comply with that guy not wanting firearms on his property I would not enter even if it were legal for me to do so, EVEN if I were not armed at that point.

My right in AZ to carry my firearm any time I want without any permits or license is guaranteed by law with the following three exceptions. One, I may not carry a firearm into a power plant. Two, I may not carry my firearm into a school (that one is being debated by our legislature). And Three, I may not carry into a place marked "No Weapons". Other then that I can carry my AR under my jacket when ever I want (not that I carry my AR that way, but I CAN if I want).

19. vincent

vincent New Member

His pub, his rules, don't like it, don't go there...

The sign was in very poor taste but damn, why is everyone so pissed?

As soon as it's out of the news, everyone will forget all about it, as usual...

A little name calling and people lose their minds...:confused:

20. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Like the NY Times has any effect on anyone in Boise. I don't think arming teachers in NY would be a good idea. One of the students might accidentally eat his pop tart into the shape of a gun.