Now this is a plinker pistol!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by michigan0626, Aug 15, 2010.

1. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Vid of the upcoming Kel-Tec PMR 30. Its a . 22 WMR that holds 30 rounds in the magazine. Plinking,target shooting, bush and trail gun type pistol. I wouldnt trust its usefullness in self defense settings,but somethings better than nothing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG1MwGX0CIM]YouTube - Gunblast.com - Preview of the Kel-Tec PMR-30 22 Magnum Semi-Auto Pistol[/ame]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That would be a fun plinker. Of course, even if it is "approved" for California, it would be limited to 10 round magazines. :rolleyes:

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Being limited to 10 round mags takes away most of the interest in this pistol for me.

If I happen to get this promotion in California there definately are a lot of gun laws(infringements) that I'll need to learn. The only thing I that saves me is that I will be one of the very few that could conceal carry in Cali, and I dont need a permit. Thank God for the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA).

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

If it was outfitted with fully adjustable sights & a good trigger it would appeal to me more. I'd want a match style pistol for small game hunting but then I'm an accuracy freak. I might get 1 & use it as a custom build base.

5. paul

paul New Member

Kel-Tec .22WMR pistol 30rd

Does anyone know where to find one of those things, been looking for a while now, Texas area? It puts a lot of wasted powder out the barrel but what the heck, gun like that is for noise, flame and firepower anyhow, :) I'd be happy with a pistol in the same arena that fired .22LR instead, 30rds. I don't know of any hi-cap .22 mags for pistols, just the 10rounders.

6. Thelt

Thelt New Member

I would like to have one of these if it proves to be reliable. 22 WMR is supposed to be difficult in semi auto handguns.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

some of the early vids ive come across it had problems with jamming on feeding. might be why we arent seeing many yet.

8. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

In Albuquerque, I have yet to come across Kel-Tec PMR 30 for sale at any of the gun & sportings goods stores.

I did have hands on S&W MP 15-22 pistol; but, had to hold off for now.

9. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I'm sure it is some technical issue, I even have old catalogs from my distributors showing it for sale months ago, of course None were actually sent out to my store.

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

the slow burning nature of 22mag powder has always been an issue for 22 mag auto pistols. the amt version had issues with it as well. i think the amt had some wierd gas port type thing drilled into the barrel. the new highstandard version seems to have solved a lot of that.

my original gun collection had a automag2. i been keeping my eye on the pmr30 but right now im leaning towards the new high standard automag2. im waiting till larger numbers of the pmr 30 make it into the hands of real consumers not just gun rag types.

11. paul

paul New Member

.22wmr kel-tec pistol 30rd

on you tube, the guys firing them look like they are not having any jams. All of 'em are standing behind it. I had a amt 10rd .22wmr, with the right ammo it never jammed, but feed it something it didn't like, for get it, it jammed every round. That's why I think a 30rd LR would be much better for a pistol.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

i posted some vids on a different pmr30 thread of a pawnshop gun seller having problems and glossing over it. but he was trying to sell the one he had.