Now it is a toy gun "buyback"

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Jun 7, 2013.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

God I love libtards... I'd have far fewer laughs without them.

3. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I always think its funny to think of how these ideas come about. At some point there had to have a conversation that went something like "you know that gun buy back thing? We should that with toys. Yeah that's a good idea." didn't they ever play with toy guns as kids or pretend their hands were fake guns?

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I never let my kids have toy guns except for squirt guns or dart guns. They had real ones and they never shot themselves or anyone else.

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

Hell When I was little we didn't have money for toys, I played with anything I could hell I built my first table when I was 9. If we wanted to play guns we either used the tried and true stick gun or we made something close out of wood or piping.

The fact that they're even doing this is pretty darn stupid, Kids playing with guns is nothing new, I'm sure some of the older guys on here could tell a ton of storys of some of the toy guns that were out when they were kids. The kid from the chrismas story had a bb gun and he was what 6 or 7? Granted he shot his eye out but hell it actually shot something. Next thing you know there gonna have a stick buy back program.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Where will the future Americans soldiers come from? The poorly educated over weight little Puff Balls who fear weapons. The Chinese are training their children aggressive warfare in public schools. :eek:

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

a toy gun buy back program? you have got to be kidding me! this is just, well, stupid!

my grandfather use to carve us guns out of wood to play with. he loved to whittle! he even made us holsters out of his old boot leather. along with my brother and some of our cousins, we use to play cowboys and indians in the cornfield.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The rise in juvenal misuse of firearms is directly related to this type of prohibition. It is natural for the young to be curious about firearms. They should be exposed to proper gun handling. Our modern society has yielded to adult guilt and fears. :(

9. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

This is INSANITY!, and a waste if time, money and human resource.. This is almost as useful as Biden making a serious push to tax 'violent' video games(this is happening).. Seems that nearly everything people(nearly everyone) do is driven by financial gain in the end..

I can see both sides of serious attempts to improve the quality of life here in the US, but these types things, along with background checks for ammo etc where ignorant people come up with self serving ideas like these is borderline infuriating because they serve no purpose other then getting hands on money or making a name for theirselves....

10. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

If I win, I am going to trade the bicycle for a handgun. :D

11. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

So true. The Pussification Of America is in full swing. Couple this with the study recently released about average I.Q. points dropping considerably every ten years and I'm glad I'm middle aged. Hopefully I will be too old and senile to care when it all falls apart.

12. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

I remember having my G.I. Joe 1911 45 when I was 10 or so. That was the coolest toy ever. Dad gave us a shot gun and 22, but had to wait until I was an adult and could afford to get a real 1911. Dad's guns were cased and in his closet and we never went in and touched them when he wasnt there.

Ken

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I wonder if they will accept those guns made from pop tarts or paper, or a picture of a gun on a shirt.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  14. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

Eh. The whole event will get trashed when one kid walks up and "hands" over his other hand that he detached with a kitchen knife because he REALLY wanted a bike but didn't have any toy guns! He'll probably figure they want to get all of those dangerous pretend finger guns off the streets. I mean if he sees his friends getting suspended from school for pointing them at people, then they must be dangerous!

15. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

yeah, maybe bike helmets would be a more appropriate trade if they were truly concerned about safety...

do they honestly think more kids are hurt with toy guns as opposed to while riding bikes... that is the epitome of "no common sense" right there

if I were in charge I'd be using the child's submitted info to later send the toy gun back to them with one or two pamphlets on gun safety included.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  16. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Scott, there is the implied facepalm!

Attached Files:

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

We could use this to our advantage.

We buy toy guns at the dollar store.

Have our kids trade them in for that

50$ bike. Then we use the proceeds

from the bikes to donate to the NRA.

We could bankrupt these brain-farters,

while furthering our cause.

But we couldn't do that, because that would be wrong.:rolleyes:

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

This is not too far from me and it doesn't surprise me a bit. Hayward is a freak show. Everybody hears about Oakland, but Hayward is worse IMO and the cops are every bit as bad as the criminals are. No surprise here.

20. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

Trade in your toy gun and get a bike, go mow the grass for the guy across the street and get $5, go buy a new toy gun. Now you have a bike and a toy gun, I don't see the problem.