Noveske or LMT ? Opinions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by seadelan, Jan 16, 2011.

1. seadelan

seadelan New Member

New to forum and AR platform but not guns - have 2 1911's and 1 lever action but shot a friend's S&W15 and now "need" one. Did not care for S&W - a few misfeeds/weight, and balance - just my 2@. In reading various forums etc have narrowed to LMT CQB 16 DI or Noveske N4 Recce Lo Pro - Noveske is extra $300 but I only intend to have 1 so want a quality rifle. Mainly for recreation use, target shooting (out to 200 yards), plus home defense if 1911's not available. Pro/cons on each? Opinions welcome.

Thnx

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

The LMTs are fine weapons as well as the Rock River and Sabre Rifles. All three are in the tops on my list. Habe good warranties and are shooters.

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

That Noveske is a good looking firearm. Very good quality as well.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

No experience with either but hear nothing but good about them. They're certainly at the top of the game. I am curious how you eliminated other top models like BCM and Daniel Defense. I'd suggest keeping your options open unless there's completely no doubt it's gonna be LMT or Noveske.

5. seadelan

seadelan New Member

Noveske / LMT

Discounted BCM only because I cannot find one to actually hold and look at in person. Daniel Defense - good question - had not seen their name in readings other than parts. Went to website and now see full rifle. Leaning LMT CQB MRP DI only because it's quality and much cheaper than Noveske. For my recreational uses Noveske is probably overkill - but sure nice rifles.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well no doubt the LMT is a great choice. No argument from me though my recent choice was a Daniel Defense midlength upper. Really, really hard to pick with so many fine ARs/components out there.

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Order the BCM regardless of the fact you cant get hands on at the moment. Ive heard 1 instance where someone wasn't 100% satisfied and BCM took care of him immediately.