Noveske flaming pig

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by DEVGRU1982, Oct 23, 2011.

1. DEVGRU1982

DEVGRU1982 New Member

Anyone ever ran a flaming pig on a 14.5 upper? Thinking about putting one on my bcm middy .

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ok ill bite... whats a flaming pig??

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

It is their flash hider

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

DEVGRU1982, why don't you jump over to the Introductions section and tell us a little about yourself?

The Noveske KX3 "Flaming Pig" is a flash hider designed to increase back-pressure, aid in reliability, create a little dwell time for SBRs and direct the blast forward. That's theory, not experience from me.

Attached Files:

• NFP.jpg
      NFP.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • NFP1.jpg
      NFP1.jpg
      File size:
      69.1 KB
      Views:
  5. JonM

JonM Moderator

that looks like something went kaboom!!

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yeah something is obviously broken there, would you care to elaborate and explain just what exactly it is we're looking at? I can't figure it.

never mind I got it. That's one of them Flaming Pigs all blown apart.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's not blowed up.

It's a cut-away to see the insides for everyone without Superman's x-ray vision. :rolleyes:

8. DEVGRU1982

DEVGRU1982 New Member

Its designed for sbr but would like to run it on my 14.5 middy .

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I had one on a 7.5" Noveske Diplomat.

It would but its heavy. The extra little bit of mobility the 14.5 offers would be canceled out by the PIG, plus it looks out of place on non sbr barrels. It does shoot a huge flame. There are other more suitable options out there.

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Cane from what I know of AK brakes the PIG seems to use the same principles. Correct?

11. DEVGRU1982

DEVGRU1982 New Member

Thanks mj ...looks like I'll have to come up with different option . I got a 13.8 Troy industries rail on it and thought it would look cool with the pig coming out .

image-257841366.png

12. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I see where you're coming from and now that I see it w/ the longer rail it doeasnt look all that bad. Most impartant though is the balance of the rifle and the huge flame. Huge flames can be cool as hell but a nose heavy AR is not. It kinda midigates the possitives and amplifies the negatives of a 14.5" barrel.

It looks cool but research the cost of fixing it if you change your mind.

13. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

in that pic there is damage to the rails, and that was not cut, just look at it, its clear that thing blew up. you can see the cheep casting where the metal came apart as well

14. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

The kaboom hider that Mr Canebrake posted is not a Noveske it is a cheap knock off.

Yes, the KX3 uses the same cone principle as one of the Baltic AK clones.

The Noveske unit is heavy duty and well made.

It works well on a 16 inch heavy barreled 7.62 NATO AR10 in my experience.

muzzle break
    recoil reducer
    flash director
    concussion deflector
    flame projector
    :p

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why do they call it a flaming pig?

[​IMG]

^ The Noveske KX3 on a Diplomat.

You're right mj, good eye. ;)

That second picture isn't even a Noveske pig, it's an old SOG Armory Krink style brake that done blowed up. :D

It has similar internals to the flaming pig but the Noveske is said to be a lot stronger.

Attached Files:

16. Nathantc

Nathantc New Member

Maybe IM wrong but it looks to be designed similar to a sound suppressor, but with only one baffle........ Just saying

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

if its shooting a fireball several feet long it doesnt look like its doing very much suppression of the flash

18. DEVGRU1982

DEVGRU1982 New Member

Im not too worried about weight just performance on a 14.5 inch barrel . I've got allot mods on this rifle including a spikes tactical 37mm launcher . So it's already heavy ha ha . I appreciate all your guys input .

19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

But weight directly effects performance. Manueverability is a huge performance factor in my eyes. If I can't swing the thing around it's useless to me.

Now if I have the thing c-clamped to a bench then who cares about weight. In fact weight is a plus in that situation. But then again I'm not putting a 30whatever mm flare launcher on a bench gun.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Yes it does doesn't it.