Note to my friends and customers.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Feb 22, 2013.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I am no longer affiliated with the Old Mill Gun Shop. Feel free to continue to do business with them if you choose to. I will not hold it against you. I personally wouldn't take gun or gunsmithing advice from a dentist.
    That is all. Carry on. ;)

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds like their loss to me. Let us know when you have a new shop.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks. Will do.
    I've had a lot of customers that wanted work but refused to do business with the shop. I turned down doing the work on the side to be fair to the shop. Not sure what I'll do now.

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Call up the next store. Meantime, you get to talk to us crazies more again!

5. orangello

orangello New Member

"Fair"? Did you have a non-compete agreement of some kind?

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Absolutely not. I just gave them my word that I would work through the shop and they would get their cut of the profits. Someone in the shop had to be honest, trustworthy and to some degree sane. Why not me? Lol

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looking forward to it. Lol

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Do you have a shop set up somewhere?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Let's just say I make due with a minimum of tools, all of which came back home about a month ago. If that says anything.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Okay, thanks.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

contact those customers and offer them your services ... work for yourself ;)

12. orangello

orangello New Member

So, if five girls are dating a dog who is cheating on all of them with the others, should the girls not date after they boot the dog out?

If you are no longer a part of the shop, then i see no reason not to offer your services to people in need of them.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations. Whatever your future may hold is a step in the right direction.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

He was talking about WHILE he was working for them I believe.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yes. I gave my word that I would not take work on the side while I was in the shop. That would have essentially been 'screwing' them out of money. I had a lot of customers that I brought to the shop, many of them quickly refused to have anything to do with the shop. They have work they want me to do but not if the shop was going to make any money. There was many reasons, some didn't like the way they were treated by the owners when I wasn't there, others didn't like the way I was treated by the owners. I even had a customer that wanted to consign a $1600 gun but wanted the 15% fee to go directly to me. I've done some business with another shop in the area in the past. I know they need a gunsmith and someone who knows black powder. I have a mutual friend with the owner who will be contacting him on my behalf. I'm sure they will understand the value of having a gunsmith with a rather large customer base in a two gunsmith state.

16. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sorry to hear that MM.

Look at the bright side: you can get a job at Wally World.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. I think I'll pass on that. ;)

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

20. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

After reading the entire thread on NES I was amazed at how quickly that shop went from "Great place to do business with" to "that place sucks" in the span of a month. Glad you got out of there mountainman.