Notdku

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by easterner123, Jan 4, 2011.

1. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

I do not know the site administrators real name, but I think he does a good job. When I stopped using this site because of an increase of activity in my life, he contacted me asking if everything was OK, asking for tips, and was extremely courteous. I wish I knew how to send a report to his higher up commending him. As long as I've been here, he has been both a good moderator and manager. Lets make this a little thread to thank him.

Oh and JD, Canebrake, c3shooter, and any other veteran member who has guided new guys like me through the beginning posts here (nothing personal about the names, first ones I could think of off the top of my head).

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

By posting this Notdku will see it.

Thanks for all the props.

Hope everything is going good for you and you get some more time to hang out with us.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Notdku is the site owner and admin - so I don't believe he has any higher ups other than Mrs. Notdku. :D

By posting this, he will see it and most likely be in contact.

Hope things improve on your end and you can come back and spend some time with us.

JD

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Step up to Supporting Membership.:) Help him maintain the site.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thanks for saying that. Notdku is the unsung hero of this place.

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

He is always helpful and respectful. And very humble, given his Rockstar status.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

Appreciate the kind words everyone. Glad to know I'm doing something remotely right lol

8. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Well, I'd like to say that while some forums are full of arguments, this one seems to keep it in perspective. Thats due in large part to the cool-headed members and you, notdoku. I have seen a lot of good info on this site, and given by good guys who aren't "armchair generals" or "mall ninjas with the latest in tacticool." Supporting membership? I'll have to get on that then.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Are you ever going to tell us what "notdku" stands for?

10. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Every time I get a thumbs-up, I see his great screen name there helping me know that I am contributing. They are probably auto-send since they all look the same, but he Notdku has really built a great site that everyone here can be proud of.

Thanks!

Supporting membership comes with cookies and a decal. Maybe Tango ate all the cookies, though.

11. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

The goat ate the cookies...:mad:

Tango ate the goat.:eek:

12. willshoum

willshoum New Member

So now I Figure after this thread were going to have to buy a bigger Crown.:eek::D You just can't hate the man......:)

13. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I shall say thanks as well to NOTDKU for this great site.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Thanks and gratitude to Mrs. Notdku, for allowing Mr. Notdku, to be able to create and administrate, the "Best damn gun forum" on the Interwebz! :D

[​IMG]

Can Notdku come out and play? :eek:

15. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

He did the same thing for me, but I never thought about doing this. You're right he is an awesome administrator and the quality of this site shows that. The same goes for the mods here too. I have yet to find another forum where the mods are as unbiased as they are here. They are always impartial and fair and have never once come across like they are the end all be all.

16. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

YEAH. That's been digging at me since I joined.

OH, and great job, sir :D, I'm clearly not the only one who feels that this place is something special. :)

17. orangello

orangello New Member

It's a very well-run forum, IMO.

Maybe we could start a pool re: the true meaning of "notdku"?

18. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

I was trying to find out reading it backwards ,but I think "ukdton" is not the answer:D

19. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

"not donkey kongs uncle?" ...lol

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have been wondering that since I started here. For the like the first year, he had the creepiest picture of Roy Orbison that never changed.

When you saw Roy in a thread, SOMETHING was going on or about to happen. :eek: