Not wanting to take over the NRA post

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by cddbrowns, Jul 7, 2011.

1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

what groups would you point people to if not the NRA? I am interested in being a member of something that is worth while, not something that is doing me no good.

2. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

there all kinds man there

gun owner of America

2nd Admem.foundation

and more I just dont know there name

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The first and "foremost" group would be study the voting records of people running for office in your area.

Once you have a "group", they are solicited to endorse one candidate over another. The list of NRA failure endorsements, when measured against what good, solid, tax paying, self respecting members of a forum like FTF AND the true meaning of 2A, is a god damn joke.

Harry Reid?!?! :eek: Okay, really?! Explain that to me...

We, as self thinking, intelligent, hard working, law abiding, responsible gun owners need to individually review candidates in our area, their 2A support/voting record, and decide for ourselves if the deserve our votes!

C'mon folks!

You DO NOT need someone, anyone, telling you who to vote for. Do you?! Really?! :confused::(

GOA is a good group that as yet has not been overrun by greed and corruption.

But as for my house and I, NO ONE decides whom I deem "fit" to hold office for me. Sorry.

JD

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I dont want a group for that, just wanna be in a group that supports guns......

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

JD pretty much nailed that one. I support only those who support the 2nd amendment not for greed or personal gain, but support it as our right. For example there's a local sherrif who is corrupt enough to treat the situation of his own deputy killing their wife and severly wounding another deputy as a damn joke, and allowing his daughter, yes his daughter, to ride around in a polic car and determine who got fired and who didn't. Who voted for him? Not me or my family.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have been receiving e-mails from the National Association For Gun Rights, at first glance they look decent. I have not sent any money or officially joined.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

unfortunately gotta be nra to compete at all the ranges in wisconsin cept mcmiller :(

im hoping mcmiller ramps up their matches drastically this year

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The NAGR is probably as close to a scam as you can get and not go to jail. My suggestion is Gun Owners of America and whatever good Statewide Pro 2A group you can find in your state.

Then check every would be candidate's record for 2A issues. Do your homework before you even vote for Dogcatcher.

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Thanks CA, not surprised. Agree vote for who YOU (the voter) believe to be the best candidate

10. freefall

freefall New Member

The Second Amendment Foundation has been doing stellar work in the legal battles to affirm gun rights across the country. Alan Gura is working for them. They could use some cash, if you're going to give it to somebody. Larry Pratt at GOA talks a good game, but SAF is spending money and getting results.

11. moonpie

moonpie New Member

the NRA is still the big dog in the fight. if you don't like the leadership there is a board election held every year .let the ballot box decide . the catch is you have to be a member to vote, duh. the magazine alone is worth the cost of membership. no one can tell you who to vote for in a general election , what the NRA does is grade the candidates based on their RECORD in regard to the second amendment your decision rest entirely on your shoulders. if you prefer another group by all means give them your FULL support.i would suggest that anyone WHO HAS NOT ALREADY MADE UP THEIR MINDS visit the NRA websites and other group sites and compare their lobbying power, safety programs, shooting range assistance, legal assistance, JUST GO LOOK AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF. REMEMBER i said anyone whose mind wasn't already made up

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I forgot about the SAF. It's an excellent organization.

Here in California, we have the Calguns Foundation and they do outstanding work.

13. therewolf

therewolf New Member

That's no joke, I got a letter from NAGR that looked like a lawsuit.
    I told them to take me off their list, and added them to my spam filter.

I would also recommend the SAF and GOA.

14. vincev

vincev New Member

I would include the NRA in a group I would join.Many clubs have shoots where you have to be a member in order to enter.Some clubs make it mandatory to be a member in order to join. Many shooting clubs are insured by the NRA.