not sure if this qualifies as a curio.

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by mountainman13, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I know this is odd and kinda out of place but has anyone had a chance to try out one of the .45 cal air rifles?

2. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I had a tester at the shop a little while ago...like last month. There is a custom maker of em here in sw mo. What are you wantin to use it for? The one we had killed a german shephard after calves shot at 50 yards or so.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My idea is that if they come for the guns they will overlook the air rifles and I'm thinking the .45 is about perfect and I could probably use one of my rb molds modified to make rounds for it. Honestly don't know much about them. Just heard about them a few months ago.

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya that might work. They will kill a deer so i think the would work for that. They shoot what BP shooters call a buffalo bullet.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Awesome thanks for the info. Any idea where I might be able to pick one up?

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Google south west missouri custom air rifles. If that doesnt work google large bore air rifles.

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Your welcome

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Are you two for real? Curio and relic, shooting a dog?

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya it doesnt go in this subject but yes it will and did kill the dog. Said dog was and had been killin livestock.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It is kinda a curio but definitely not a relic. Lol

11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lmao, but the curio is definetly there. Deer worthy air rifle says it all.

12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Here in missouri we have a magazine called the missouri cinservationist. They had a story about a kid that was like 16 trying to kill a deer w one. I think did kill one w it. I know its part of our hunting laws you can use one no smaller than .45 cal for deer and has been that way for a couple years now....you can also use an atlatl

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That's awesome. The atlatl is illegal in my state. Not that I'm good enough with one to go hunting with it. I would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn at 50 feet with one. They are impressive weapons.

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok, I had to Google atlatl, seen it before though. I never knew big air rifles existed. Now I want one. Thanks a lot, guys, now I have to work more overtime to pay for one.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
    Check this out

16. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

This is the biggest waste of time tread! Mods, please move to the airgun section, please! BTW, Shepards were bread to be Shepards. Sometimes they go astray, but since they do not have wolves, they revert. Blame the owner, don't shoot the Dog.

17. JonM

JonM Moderator

we dont have an airgun section that im aware of. but its more appropriate in general rifle

18. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is there an airgun section? I can't seem to find it

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I don't see why its a waste of time thread it seems to be generating interest and informing people. America wouldn't be what it is if not for an air rifle.