Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but new to this forum.

So, hello! I've been shooting since the late '60's; rifle, shotgun, handgun, muzzleloaders (sidelocks). Living here, I'm just not too sure how wise it is to list anything, y'know? I started reloading about 5 years ago, still don't do a great deal of that yet but I enjoy it. I've had my pistol permit (need one here in NY) since 1986. I also make my own bows, arrows, strings, atlatls, etc., but that's altogether another world of its own, worse than this and JF combined!!! LOL! As for JF, screen name over there is ChuckeryOffroad. Most names I tried were taken, so I used where I live (a tiny place called "Chuckery Corners," about 2 miles east of the Village of Clinton, and about 8 miles south of Utica, NY, maybe 7 miles from NYS Thruway Ex. 32). I had been to Clayton Offroad in CT, loved their setup. So, it just kind of came out that way, someday I'll change it. Over here it also said that my name (Tim Clark) was already taken, so this'll have to do.

Anyhow, glad to be here.

- Tim C.

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm a couple hours west of you, and there are some others here from NYS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, late 60's, yes - I'm thankful that I come from a family not opposed to guns. Few own any, although I have 4 brothers, 5 sisters, and 32 nieces and nephews on my side and my wife's side... and I've forgotten how many "great nieces and nephews," but at last count I think there were 5 or 6.. or...? I started shooting when I was 8, an uncle was a gun-nut took my brothers and I under his wing. Only one of my older brothers and I were interested, and I was the only one that never lost interest. He had several antique collections of rifles and pistols - and I do mean several collections.... they were divided into periods, wars, country of origin, etc. It was amazing. Then a neighbor broke in, and only 2 guns - both antique muzzleloading long guns, a .50 flintlock rifle and a .69 percussion smoothbore - out of hundreds of guns in those collections were ever recovered. And the sick part was, none of them were insured... he was able to get a little back, but only on the general policy limitations.

So, yes, as I said, it was the late 60's (specifically, 1966) when I started shooting. Um, you do realize that I'm saying that's when I started, not that I haven't stopped yet, right? LOL!!! I mean, a guy's gotta sleep sometime, y'know?!?! I suppose we could swap stories all day long for a long time without repeating a single one! Not that either of us would remember, or care, if one was repeated...

So, how 'bout y'self? How long shooting? And thanks to all for the welcome.

·
Registered
184 Posts
this good be good,

..i started shooting around 1967 dads ole-Remington 550 22auto
that ole gun killed everything,my first kill was a 504 pound corn fed hog
dad let me shoot him just between the eyes,i was raised here in WV on
120 acre farm,i harvested squacker deer rabit,i took a turkey a grouse
etc all with that ole-Remington that ole gun amoung many is still in the
family,along with a 1940,s Remington 512 22 tube fed,but i will stop there
thanks for sharing your life:D P.S i hope my story dont affend nobody
the way i wrote it seem,s a little cruel,but trust me we had to live