Not Paying Social Security & Our beloved Military

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Sniper03, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Well O and the goons in Congress are at it again!
    Since they can not get agreement on raising the debt limit so we can borrow more money we can not pay back, his focus is threatening to not pay social security payments for the elderly and to stop paying the military salaries. What about the deadbeats that are not working can but will not! All the money being spent on illegal aliens, pork belly programs of billions to investigate the snail garter and other such silly issues. Not to mention the trillions of dollars we are sending to foreign countries that hate our guts to begin with and the billions on the UN. There are just a lot of things they could cut with out attacking the elderly that deserve social security after "working" and supporting the country for years. And for God's sake our Military????. He is working hard on being the worst president in history! He has spent more money in his time in office than all presidents before him combined!
    Wake Up America! And I certainly hope something will change in 2012. Problem is hardly none of them are honest and trustworthy. Yes I know some would fear stating the above possibly. But if you do not stand for something you will stand for "Anything!" I do not believe in political correctness! I believe in America!
    God Bless America!
    There response form not getting their way just Frosted my A-- today as I listened to him on the news!:mad:

2. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Where did you get the stat of how much he has spent? I am curious as I was asked where you got that from and would just like some data to back it up.

3. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Former President Jimmy Carter is doing the dance, since being dropped to second place as the worst President of the United States.

My wife asks what is going to happen? I tell her I wish I knew the future of the Unitsed States of America!

TPTB has put the nation under the crapper! It is almost a everyday golf session for them.

4. russ

russ New Member

He is holding the elderly and the military hostage to get his way.

And you're absolutely right sniper03, there are plenty of other paydays that need to stop before we even consider the military.

O and his cronies are all a bunch of self-serving @$$hats.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

The military are not PROFESSIONAL KILLERS as you like to call them. How about you not insult the people who fight for your right to say stupid crap like that.

6. culdee

culdee New Member

damned right

Good for you! I gavde my four years whether I believed in the war or not, I served my country.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I get your meaning, but the choice of wording.....

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Let's not forget that the democrats are not the only ones at the table. If you claim one side is holding hostages, make sure you look at the other side as well, they are holding hostages as well. They could agree to tax hikes for the rich and get a deal.

Don't fall yet again for political rhetoric in which one side pits you against the other. They are all playing Russian roulette with our countries currency.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

No doubt very few of those in D.C. have the best interests of our people/this country in mind.

The definition of "the rich" is very subjective, IMO. Further, "the rich" are the people that most of the rest of us look to for jobs; the "trickle down" is usually quite slow, but hard to deny.

10. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

^^^^^^^
    What he said.

The republicans have raised the debt limit themselves dozens of times and now all of a sudden, they're all concerned about it???? If a republican were in office right now, they'd be all for it.

The simple fact is, the republicans are trying to use this as a feather in their cap for election time. No other reason what so ever. In the end, it's nothing but a big pi$$ing match to help each side out on election day.

11. freefall

freefall New Member

It's true that the Republicans never saw a budget increase they didn't like til the Democrats won Congress. But that doesn't mean they're wrong to say NO now. Yes, Bush and the boys did run the deficit up to $1 trillion. They spent in a fashion to give drunken sailors a bad name.
    Obama and his crew racked up another $3 trillion in 2 years. Comments defenders? How many of you who say my taxes need to go up work for the federal government?

12. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Didnt Obama say something like "the blame starts at the top, which is the president" when Bush raised that debit increase in 06? He is a hypocrite and liar.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

If the country defaults on August 3rd and no Social Security, Military or VA retirement/disability checks go out, does Congress still get paid their salary of over $170,000 a year? You see how this does not financially affect anyone in Congress don't you? :mad:

I guarantee, that no matter what party affiliation you belong to, if the Republicans don't come up with a viable solution or compromise, instead of NO all the damn time, they will get the blame for bringing down the economy further and the cause of financial hardship, default and collapse to millions.

If that happens, there sure as hell will be no Republican in the White House after 2012.

Close the tax break loopholes and tax the millionaires and billionaires, the oil companies, and the hedge fund companies that made all their huge profits off the backs of the working population and the tax payers. I don't believe for one damn second that if you increase their taxes, they will stop hiring people and providing jobs, that's bullsh!t! How the hell are they gonna continue making more money from us, if they cut back their workforce?

And if we have anyone who is a member of this forum, that this would personally affect because they are a god damn millionaire, then I need a low interest loan! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  14. Korey

Korey New Member

edit: not even going to since you didn't understand it the first time I doubt you would be able to understand said differently

15. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

So you are admitting you are a millionaire? :rolleyes:

16. knfxda

knfxda New Member

QFT. Increase the taxes, make the deal AND THEN KEEP CUTTING SPENDING. Get into power, and continue shrinking the gvt.

You're going to take a hit, but it will be from your base, not from the middle. You already have your base, they're not going to vote for Obama in '12 over this. But I think you will lose the undecideds should things go pear-shaped.

Stop playing Russian Roulette, chicken, or "whose d!ck is bigger" at the expense of the American economy and middle-class jobs!

17. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Do you realize what the administration and the Harry Reid are talking about when they say "millionaires and billionaires"?
    The dem plan was first stated to increase taxes on individuals earning over 500k and joint filers over 1m. The president has stated he wants it to be
    250k. Not millionaires and billionaires. Many in the over 250k brackets are small business owners who file their business income on personal income tax forms.

Charles Krauthammer did some research on corparate jets and oil subsidies and found that
    I did the math. If you collect that tax for the next 5,000 years — that is not a typo — it would equal the new debt Obama racked up last year alone. To put it another way, if we had levied this tax at the time of John the Baptist and collected it every year since — first in shekels, then in dollars — we would have 500 years to go before we could offset half of the debt added by Obama last year alone.

Obama’s other favorite debt-reduction refrain is canceling an oil-company tax break. Well, if you collect that oil tax and the corporate jet tax for the next 50 years — you will not yet have offset Obama’s deficit spending for February 2011. The Elmendorf Rule - The Washington Post

The top three oil companies in the United States are ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips and Chevron. According to the SEC filings of those companies, as analyzed by Forbes, ExxonMobil’s pretax income in 2010 was $52 billion, from which it paid $21.6 billion in income taxes worldwide, leaving a net income of $30.5 billion. That equals a tax rate of 45 percent, which is 10 percent above the statutory corporate rate of 35 percent.

According to the American Petroleum Institute (API), oil and natural gas companies employ 9.2 million Americans and account for 7.5 percent of GDP. Those companies added about 2 million jobs to the economy between 2204 and 2007. As of 2010, the five largest American oil companies employed a combined 245,390 people.

The API further reported that in 2010, oil and natural gas companies averaged a net profit of 5.7 cents per dollar of income. Also, an average of 49.5 cents of every dollar oil companies made in 2010 went to income taxes.

Top 3 U.S. Oil Companies Paid $42.8 Billion in Income Taxes in 2010 | CNSnews.com

Every penny a corporation pays out in taxes is collected from the consumer, inflating the price on the goods or service. The government has to get over the thinking that every dollar in existance is theirs to take.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

If I was a millionaire I wouldn't just admit it, I'd gloat.:rolleyes:

19. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

I'll bet we have quite a few millionaires on this forum. Its really not that hard to accumulate a million dollars (US) in assets if you have worked your whole lifetime and had a little luck investing.

Now if you are talking a million $ in income off your investments every year, that would be a very much smaller group.

I also see nothing wrong with taxing the super rich on their total income. We are in such a deep hole today that it might not help much, but I know I would support it. Got to cut the BS spending and Govt. payroll. If you take the politics out of it and put in some common sense, it shouldn't be that hard.

Korey - Back in the day, (1966) the US Army informed us during basic training that as Soldiers one of our jobs would be to "Kill people and break things". The fact that they were paying us to do it made us professionals.

Most of us kinda liked the Professional Killer title. I guess its not too PC today. JMHO's Ken

20. knfxda

knfxda New Member

None of what you've posted changes my point. I still stand by it and I'll even conceed to all of your numbers.