Not my brand of chew

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MobileMarine, May 10, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

OK I would never own a AR if i had not traded a ditchwitch for it , not my brand of chew .The ONLY reason i got it is b/c i figured it was worth @ least 1500.00 w/o the gen 1 night vision and its a smithy .Its a new s&w mp15 with some flavor of a lined 16in heavy barrel , miles of utg rails , forward grip with pop out bipod , sure fire , green laser , some other flavor of a tactical scope and a atn 410 nightvision . The gun still had clean factory lube shoved in it but When it comes to having fun I will pick up my remmy mod34 or k.22 . I know the have all sorts of legos for these guns along with conversion kits for other calibers ... I just read about a 50bmg kit for them , if its real I want one to make this gun fun for me . any one heard of it ? Not the .50 beowolf the .50 big boy , Do you have to have a dedicated lower ?? There is a big damn difference from a 223 to a .50 . I think a 20mm kit would also be cool lets call up sons of guns and see what they can do

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

First off Id stay away from RedJacket after the things Ive seen and read.

Smith makes a nice AR but Id swap out the heavy UTG stuff before worrying about a different cal. upper.

Most non 5.56 uppers that feed from a 5.56 mag will work w/ a AR15 lower. The .50 Beo will work fine.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

The 50bmg uppers are real. I honestly wouldnt use one on a pricey sw lower as there is not a long history of em to diagnose any recoil damage to the lower. If your not going to put a lot of 50bmg down range shouldnt be a short round count problem.

I cant get you a link atm as my nook is difficult to cut and paste. The 50bmg uppers can be shipped right to your front door.

5. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

uhhhhh , you can go buy a real 50 for the conversion price! maybe a single shooter but hey who can afford to shoot a 50 with a 10round mag all day . this topic is dead to me . It looks like all your using a plain ar lower in the build anyway if that . a lead pipe with sights would be fine with me as long as it would shoot the 50 :D a guy @ the dixe show sells the rounds for 2.50 ea and the dummies for 3.50 ??? I did not ask I just bought a handfull

6. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter