Not going to head to the hills

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by opaww, Jan 20, 2010.

1. opaww

opaww New Member

My son and I were discussing about bug out bags and if we have to head for the hills, which is nothing new sense we often talk about it. The last few times we have came to the same conclusion, and that is we will not be bugging out and head to the hills. If the government zombies ever start eating the flesh of the live people in America, we will make a stand and fight.

Should the zombie forces ever rise up enough to warrant the actions of the people of the state then we will be traveling no further then the nearest battlefront. So our bags are geared for just that. Sense both of us are in no health and can never be again to survive in the wilds for any length of time we have decided our best efforts is on the firing line. Where possible it may buy some time for others to get to their hide-a-ways safely.

Our guns were not lost in a tragic boating accident, the guns are right here so Mr. Zombie, you can try and take them if you must.

opaww

2. The_Kid

The_Kid New Member

I'm already in the hills so...

3. bkt

bkt New Member

The necessity and importance of a BOB depends on where you live. If you're in an urban environment which is likely to turn nasty if the SHTF and where there's no land to grow food, a BOB can be useful to help you get to your bug-out location.

Keep your BOB in your car. That way, if you're away from home and want to get home, it might come in handy.

Leaving your home and heading for the hills with no particular destination in mind is a last-ditch effort to stay alive. In other words, don't do it if you don't absolutely have to. Your home has far more provisions and probably offers more safety than hanging out in the woods somewhere.

4. opaww

opaww New Member

Agreed........

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I understand completely opaww. Depending on circumstances, some of us may have limited choices.

6. opaww

opaww New Member

Ca357 you are always welcome to head back this way...at least we can die fighting the zombies next door to each other

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Thank you. I am honored.

8. OC357

OC357 New Member

I am not able to bug out since I am all held together with braces and screws. I am staying put. I could not even begin to carry all my supplies and ammo. I would need a truck. I am in a small village anyway with a small population.

OC

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have no desire to bug out to anywhere and if I did it would be a last ditch effort to survive. I have many family members within a half days hike so I have no reason to go far. I simply like being prepaired in the event of an emergency.

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I like The_Kid am already in the hills. Most of the FTF members are welcome here...plenty of room and vantage points. Surrounded by lots and lots of heavy wood in which to 'get lost'. Just a thought....

11. user4

user4 New Member

But isn't it colder than a witch's mammary where you live in the winter? In this country, I recommend the Pacific North West to bug to. Best temperate climate and most of the residents are California princess's.

Texas will be a nightmare.

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good point, Ineff. It can get a tad chilly. It's 47°F right now and raining.

(a week ago it was getting near 0° at night)

13. patrilogical

patrilogical New Member

Oh yes. I suggest up near Bishop, CA.

I know a little valley which I'll be heading to if anything ever happens. Plenty of fish and deer for a group of people to survive off of.

14. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Nope, heading right up the road to the Gila Wilderness, water, game and plenty of places to get lost in, also the seasons are mild pretty much all year round.

15. Viking

Viking Active Member

We are where we are going to stay, the main problem I can see is if we happen to be in one of the towns 30 to 50 miles away and the SHTF while we are there. That's why I keep in mind alternative routes back home that don't involve the interstate highway systems or even other major roads. Which makes carrying a BOB all the more important while away from home. Hopefully if the SHTF and we're away there won't be any snow on the back roads.

16. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

We ain't running to the freakin' hills.

17. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

In the gila wilderness there are a lot of cliff dwelings off the beaten path that provide excellent shelter and being on the cliff face can be defended easily.

18. bcarroll

bcarroll New Member

Well if this is the gila cliff dewlings near cliff, new mexico. Below silver city area? You are going to be pretty cold. The local area near az and nm. Is full of this sort of thing. Was wondering if we are talking of the same gila wilderness area's

19. Rumpelhardt

Rumpelhardt New Member

since about all there is in Maine is woods I guess I'm all ready there.

20. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Yep, that's the place.