Not Conceal, but Open Carry about to be illegal in CA!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Jeepix, May 12, 2010.

1. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have two Dem reps. :mad: They will vote for it. *&^@#$%$#@!

3. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Agggg. Oh well, write anyway! You don't want them to say, "We didn't hear anyone complaining about it, so obviously no one cared."

A lot of Dems are scared right now about getting voted out of office, maybe they'll lean your way?

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You mean open carry is still legal in CA? So if I was hanging out with CA357 I could have my XD on my hip and it would cool?

5. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Yeah, but they have stupid 'open carry' rules out in CA. You can't have a round chambered or a loaded magazine in the gun. So, you have to have the gun completely empty and have a loaded magazine in a mag holster on your hip. Then if you needed to use it, slip the magazine in, yank the slide back and then you could shoot. Kinda dumb. But at least we could, if we wanted...for now.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

OK, this qualifies for the dumbest law I've ever heard of.

Excuse me Mr Mugger, let me get my magazine, load my gun, rack the slide, and then I'll be ready to defend myself...:eek:

7. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Anti-gun laws ARE stupid laws. :)

8. spittinfire

What if you carry a revolver? Can you leave it on an empty chamber or do you have to carry a speed loader and have the thing completely empty?

9. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Yeah, the revolver has to be empty. Here is an article I read a while ago that talks about "What is a Loaded Gun in CA?" if you'd like more info and probably a good laugh!

So, I guess the best thing to 'open carry' would be a semi-auto since you could probably load it faster?

10. spittinfire

11. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

Trust me. I know. Tons of anti-gun laws, certain firearms we simply cannot buy because they don't have a 'loaded chamber indicator' or something else stupid like the Taurus Judge is illegal because it's considered a 'sawed-off shotgun'. It's bad and getting worse.

Fortunately, we have a Sheriff running for election this year in Orange County that is very pro-gun and will sign any CCW request as long as you pass the courses and background check. Maybe some other things will loosen up as well. We need it.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That sounds like an easy prosecution to me.

1) Step One - Spitty is visiting his friend CA357 and is carrying on his hip, with a magazine on the opposite hip as per the law.

2) Step Two - After a night of good food and good chat, CA and Spitty are making their way back to the car when a hooligan approaches and wants their wallets.

3) Step Three - Spitty & CA create enough space from the knife weilding attacker to actually load their weapons and fire.

4) Step Four - Both are prosecuted for shooting a person who was obviously not a concern since they had the ability to get far enough away to draw, load, rack and fire.

5) Step Five - Our two FTF'ers are sharing a cell somewhere less than friendly. :eek:

Kalifornia is Effing Crazy Yo!

13. spittinfire

CA357, if you start eyeing me after we've been in a while.....I'll stab you with my toothbrush. I don't want to, but I'll do it.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Maybe you can ask your attacker politely to allow you more time to load your gun? :rolleyes:

whipout.wav

Jack

15. spittinfire

Is that what you would do?

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Well...........

#1 There are reasons I don't live in California...their gun laws are a big one.

#2 Distraction works, would I need a gun to protect myself?

#3 What do you think I would do? ;)

Jack

17. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

I think you would point your finger at him and say "bang". I also think this would kill the mugger as surely as any "real" gun.
    That said, I think you are required to attempt to flee before use of force is justified in CA, as NGIB suggested. CA357 and Spitty would be in decent shape, however, as they could exercise the same tactics as criminals here: claim society drove them to a life of violence, sue the officers who arrested them for profiling of some kind, and be given an "overcrowding" release within a week or two, living happily ever after on public assistance.

18. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Really? I might move to OC just contribute a vote. Or visit ACORN and contribute 6 votes....

19. cuate

cuate New Member

Open carry in Kalli

Oh ! But a pistol hung on your hip will scare the tar out of the illegal aliens and Alien flag wavers as literacy capabilities prevent them from knowing that it has to be unloaded minus magazine.....In their own country where guns and ammo are strictly regulated, everybody with the price has an AK, grenades,
    and in some instances rocket launchers.....Juarez, for instance,,,,

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The only solution to CA gun laws is to move back to the States.