Nosler M48 TGR First Range Report - It's a shooter

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bullet, Nov 7, 2011.

1. bullet

bullet New Member

Started my load work this morning for identifying a hunting load in the 140gr weight. Think I have one for this weight bullet. 140gr Accubond, Nosler brass, Fed 210 pirmer, W760, loaded with a Lee die.

First a few more pictures of the M48 TGR
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Three shot group at 2803fps
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am really turned on by this rifle. All the targets I shot today using 140gr Accubond, 130gr Speer and 145gr Speer were all under an inch, also using these powders today, W760, Rl-17, H414, Bl-C2. I got 3077fps with the 130gr bullets using RL-17 and 2928fps using the 145gr Speer and RL-17 but accuracy was barely under an inch and extreme spread and deviation was unacceptable. All in all a very good day with lots more fun to be had with load work, but since I am so hard pressed for time, the 140gr Accubond will be used this season for my hunting.

I still have other bullets and powders that will be tested during the winter months from the end of January to May. The rifle shoots anything I put in it so this rifle will also let me be very picky about what loads I will accept.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Wow, it's kind of hard to argue with perfection.

I may be so lucky some day.

I especially like the synthetic stock, a very nice

look contrasted against the barrel finish.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i told you would end up with it looking like one hole! very nice group from a very nice looking rifle. that is some shooting to be proud of. i have a 7mm-08 and really like the caliber myself and has become one of my favorites.

4. Wambli

Wambli New Member

The right tool in the right hands is always awesome to behold.

5. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Very very nice shootin'! Like therewolf mentioned, I too really like the contrast of the stock and the barrel.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Good looking rifle,and some good shooting.

7. bullet

bullet New Member

Thanks guys, this is really a lot of fun working with this rifle. It certainly is what Nosler said it should be.