North to Montana

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 2hot2handle, Jul 1, 2011.

1. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hey all,

Just dropping in to see who all lives in Missoula, Montana. I'll be heading there at the end of August most likely and was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up as to what to expect.

2. Creeker

Creeker New Member

I lived there in another life, 1977.

3. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

How did you enjoy that other life? :p

C'mon fellas no one else?

4. Creeker

Creeker New Member

There was nothing like running around in the woods there. I made many trips to Lolo pass & into Idaho. One of my favorite things to do was fish the Blackfoot River. Going on up the river I could go through Lincoln, home of the uni-bomber & up pass at the coldest temp recorded in the Cont. US. Missoula was much slower then. I lived in Orchard Homes along the Clark Fork which was good fishing also.

5. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

So you're telling me to take a rod an reel eh? :D

6. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

most people from this part of montana consider missoula a "hippie town",and part of your welcome package is a medical marijuana card :p.other than that i've been through there several times but only stopped once,sorry.

7. Creeker

Creeker New Member

I wasn't big on fishing Rock Creek, the nice blue ribbon trout stream, fly rods, funny hats, waders, etc. but the Clark Fork & Blackfoot were great. No crowds to be had then. So take your spinning rod.

As for Missoula, Hells Gate, I hear it's not what it once was but what is?