North Texas Gun Battle

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by muzzyman328, Mar 21, 2013.

1. muzzyman328

muzzyman328 New Member

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

looks lke a good ending to two evil goblins.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Another one (um, two) bites the dust.

4. muzzyman328

muzzyman328 New Member

It is a local news station website.

5. 1911love

1911love New Member

Wonder what the homeowner used? Maybe an evil black rifle? The story didn't say, but we all want to know. At least no innocents were hurt, happy ending.

6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

According to this article the perps offed thenselves. The perp who stole his familys guns had a history of running away.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-during-ellis-county-burglary-wednesday.html/

7. AR10

AR10 New Member

I have a local web site news channel that loads that garbage on my computer.

The difference between news people and people like FBI, CIA, TSA, is nothing really.

8. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

Haven't these idiot parents realized yet that they need to lock up their (bleeping) guns?
    In my opinion the parents should be charged with gross negligence.

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That seems to be the "Liberal" approach to firearms problems. Always blame the gun owner? Hell man these were criminals, they stole a truck and drugs. They were committing a home invasion. Oh, none of this would have happened were it not for the owner of the firearms. :rolleyes:

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"My son's not an angel. I'm not saying that he is," Roland Chaffin told the newspaper. "But the Kenneth we know was not capable of this."

Apparently he was.

11. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

I'm as far from liberal as they come.

But anyone who doesn't keep their guns away from their kids is a moron.

My 8 and 11 yr old kids shoot with me all the time. I could leave my guns out and they wouldn't even think of touching them without my permission, but do I do it? No way in hell.

This isn't liberal thinking it's plain common sense.

12. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

the father is in complete denial of how F'ed up his kid was.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

These were not 4th graders. They were old enough to arm themselves and knew what they were doing. They drove a stolen truck 240 miles to do more crimes. Why was the truck not a problem?:confused: The Liberal mind set that gun owners are the problem only feeds the gun control cause. :(

14. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

The home owner fired while the two were fleeing if I read it right. This could be a legal nightmare. Good thing it happened in TX.

15. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

So not only am I a liberal but now I'm antigun for suggesting that adults keep their guns away from their own f'ed up kids and their friends?

http://eddieeagle.nra.org/information-for-parents.aspx

Read the last paragraph, I guess the NRA has gone liberal and anti- gun also.

Edited for NRA link.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  16. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

What does Eddie Eagle have to do with young adult felons? The NRA has no programs dealing with blaming gun owners for car jacking, drug dealing or arms thefts. I think only Obama and Holder have programs blaming gun owners for the crime problems.:(

17. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

ummmmm....yup

18. Rarity

Rarity New Member

That's a typical response.

It kind of reminds me of the Trayvon Martin incident :x

19. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They bought the ticket, they took the ride...adios. And the good citizens of Texas have been spared the expense of their incarceration.

20. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

they stated the kids were still firing while running.. IMHO, if bullets are still being sent in my direction that makes you an active threat, regardless of what way your moving.