North Carolina gun shops

Discussion in 'North Carolina Gun Forum' started by vincent, Jun 8, 2012.

1. vincent

vincent New Member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. scoop2622

scoop2622 New Member

Jims Pawn and gun its in wilmy (no website)

3. xdm6951

xdm6951 New Member

I find Buds or slick guns has better proces

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Guns and Gold in Asheboro, Powers Firearms in Greensboro, are two that usually have good prices on what they have in stock.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Forget the name but the pawn shop in forest city had a pretty good selection. Prices were all over the place though.

6. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

NC gun shops

I have done business with these people and can recommend them;
    http://www.sovereignguns.com/ in downtown Fuquay.You can also find them selling stuff on Gunbroker.com ... http://www.nationalgunsandgear.com/ in Cary. I prefer getting my ammo and licenses there than at that China puppet Wallyworld... and my favorite FFL dealer; http://jimsgunshopnc.com/ ... their website ain't much, but they can order and recieve for you (with a $20 transfer fee) and they have an ever revolving inventory and are super nice. The BEST little Ma & Pa gun shack around!!

I can NOT recommend these guys; http://www.younggunsinc.com/ Rude, condecending, uniformed and overpriced. If you've ever had a really bad run in with a dealer at a gun show you can get the picture. Don't waste you're time with these guys.

7. tigman

tigman New Member

I think you are talking about Butlers on main street. They are really great on gun orders!

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah that's the place.

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

When I lived in Charlotte I always used Firepower in Matthews. Great shop, and great guys, they even let me put up a picture of my CO at the time to see who could shoot his oak leafs off first :D Good people.

10. john300k

john300k New Member

Hyatt Gun Store in Charlotte.
    They say its the biggest gun store in the country...

11. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah but the owner is an A$$ and they are overpriced but they do have a lot of inventory. That was in 04, maybe it has changed since then.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

I'll beg to differ...I've been told the same about Mackey's Landing, (although I have no verifiable proof) and the folks there are fantastic, was there last week...spent just as much time oogling the inventory as chewing the fat with the owner and his staff...:cool:

13. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

The guy tryed 2 offer me $175 for my sig 226 and $200 for my good condition Glock gen 1 , he offered a couple ahead of me $75 for a brand new never shot Rossi .38 revolver I said I'll give you 100 out side the door for it they said sure got revolver ammo and holster box and more for all that lol it talks like a gun shop runs it like a crappy pawn shop and I had 1 guy who didn't know a thing about guns trying 2 sale 1 to me...

14. m72law

m72law New Member

Hyatt's is one of the highest priced gun stores in the charlotte area.

I got burned by them 10 years ago on a (used) simmons 22mag rifle scope.:eek:

if your trying to buy a new firearm from them? RUN!!!! if you dont mind purchasing a used gun from them,its hit or miss. After alot of negotiating & arm twisting,I walked out w/a very good used ruger redhawk 44.mag for $400.00;) that was about 2 years or so ago.

About 10years ago,I remeber these same azzhats where @ the metrolina expo - gun show & supposably had a Hk Mp5/10mm walk off:eek: it was all over the local news for weeks,maybe this is why there prices are so jacked up!!!! (trying to get that 10,000,000 back):D

as for the biggest gun shop in N.C. i was working out of town in fayetteville,on the way back stopped at a gun store that had over 10,000 guns on there floor,racks,walls,ceiling,counters,ect.

They had everything from used $100.00 NAA mini revolvers to $60,000 double barreled rifles! & tons of those $20,000 dollar shotguns:confused:

what sucks the most! I dont remember the name of the place?

15. montveil

montveil New Member

eds gun shop

Ed's Gun Shop
    5560 US 1 HWY
    Vass, NC 28394
    (910) 692-7936
    (910) 692-4867 fax
    sales@edsgunshop.com or vilorio2005@aol.com

Great service and help.
    Especially knowledgeable in muzzle loading

16. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc New Member

I use Orion Firearms in Indian Trail . His smitty prices are reasonable not much inventory but he will order any FFL product you need. I'm not a knee jerk weapons buyer either but if I get the bug, go to Beltway pawn & gun in Matthews for that, btw was in there yesterday a seen a SMLE #5 Jungle Carbine that was a DOG for 550 , mine in better shape still with leather sling didn't know the price point has jumped like that for these weapons . Mickey

17. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Vincet , have you been over to patriot shooting in youngsville beside griffins ?
    I love that store , good kids that run that place , we get riled up alot in there .
    Hunters haven can kiss my *** , more of a bow shop than anything else , no knowledge of firearms whatsoever and care nothing for having a conversation .

18. vincent

vincent New Member

Yes, I have and agree about the folks that run it...really polite and accommodating. The only drawback is the place is too damn small...

Didn't get the same from Hunter's Haven, slightly more inventory but their markup was ridiculous...I get it, they have to make a living too but for me it's unreasonable...

19. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

the boys at patriot are vets and also do alot of contract work down at ft bragg.
    they did drop the ball and lost a sale to me on a new raging bull taurus

20. warrior_oh58d

warrior_oh58d New Member

Handgunners in Burlington is in my no go list. Owner is a real piece of work.