North American Arms?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by cakesterkiller, Jun 11, 2013.

1. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

i just picked up this little .22 in a trade and was wondering what the used retail value of it is? it's in pretty good shape just normal wear marks from use and maybe getting carried around in somebody's pocket (although i wouldn't wanna carry this gun around) it shoots really nice and is even kinda accurate for only having a 3/4 inch barrel. im riding the fence right now if i wanna keep it, trade it or just try to outright sell it. anybody that knows these little pistols please tell me about em cause I've never seen one before.

Attached Files:

2. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Check out the link below to Gun Broker... I don't know your exact model but used NAA .22's seem to be priced from $130.00 and up. Model and condition will dictate and remember... these are mostly "asking" prices.

The way to tell is to look at the number of bids. Finding the same model with many bids will give you a decent idea of what some folks are willing to pay.

1 bid only typically means the seller bid there minimum price rather that setting a "reserve minimum" for there gun.

Good Luck

http://www.gunbroker.com/Firearms/BI.aspx?Keywords=North+American+Arms+.22

Tack

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

While I think that these guns are generally overpriced, I rarely see a used on in good condition go for under $150.00, and it's not uncommon to see them in the $200.00 range.

One of the (many) guns I wish I hadn't traded away was a NAA .22 magnum mini revolver with a 4" barrel. It was the perfect boot gun and more accurate than one would expect. Before Texas had a CCL I would put mine in a #10 enevelope, and keep the enevelope in the side pocket of my car door. Easy to get to, but no "plain sight".

They are well made little guns.

Attached Files:

• NAA.jpg
      NAA.jpg
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  4. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Neat pistol...

The question would not be 'how to conceal', but rather 'how to retrieve'!

5. string1946

string1946 New Member

Naa

Their firearms are very well made. I can't remember the connection at the moment but I believe Dick Casull had something to do with NAA before he went on to start Freedom Arms who make some of the finest revolvers ever made. I have two of NAA's guns and they are nice guns for what they are. I put a holster grip on the one like yours. The other is a 22lr/22 mag conversion. They also made a belt buckle version. The 23rd Edition of the Standard Catalog of Firearms give your gun a value of Exc. $175 and V.G. $150. Also the cylinder has notches between each chamber that are put there to allow you to lower the hammer into one of those notches so it will be safely between case rims when fully loaded with five rounds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I tried one once and the trigger pull was impossible. How is yours?

7. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

it's a little stiff for a single action i think.... but not impossible maybe somewhere around 5-7 lbs

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have the 22lr 22mag convertible with the 7/8" barrel. Very nice well built gun. I have carried it in a homemade leather pocket holster. It is nice to have when bicycling or working out at the gym when anything else would be obvious. The trigger is heavy. But there is no trigger guard. I would not want a 2lb trigger on a gun like that.

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

RMAC was founded in 1971.{Rocky Mtn. Arms Company}. It was based on the designs of Dick Casull. Baker and Casull moved to Freedom, Wyoming and opened Freedom Arms. There first pistol was a small .22 short derringer.
    RMAC remained in Provo, Utah. They changed their name to NAA{North American Arms}. :)

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

Really interesting gun. I'm sure ill own one someday, probably just as a novelty. Although, I've seen two shot versions in .45 acp and other popular calibers. Something like that would be a handy "oh****oh****oh****" gun.

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

What I was thinking of aren't NAA, but are a similar concept. Bond Arms.

http://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/

12. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have 2 of the .22 magnum models,, one is in my vehicle at all times, stored in a legal manner, and one I carry much of the time in a pocket holster. Its size makes it very easy and unobtrusive to carry,, I prefer to carry a 1911 or a snubbie .38, but in hot weather where shorts and t-shirts are the norm, it is a suitable compromise. When I go fishing, slip in a couple of shot cartridges and it patterns well at minute of snake ranges, and as stated, it is surprisingly accurate up to about 10 yards. I'd keep it or use for trading fodder on something else you really want, most shops tend to move them pretty quickly in my area. Take care/

13. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I tested and wrote about the Gen. 1 version of that 4" "heavy-barreled" 11-ounce stainless Mini-Master for a passed outdoors magazine. I ended up with a second one I have to this day as my five-shot .22 Magnum backpacking pistol. I got them to custom-fit a .22 LR cylinder to go with the .22 Mag I bought. The idea seems to have worked out for them! Works well with Hornady 45 gr. Critical Defense ammo. Nice companion to my 1 lb. (with sling) Ruta Locura RPK .22 Mag rifle...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013