Norinco milled AK-47???

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by REBLOPIE, Apr 3, 2012.

1. REBLOPIE

REBLOPIE New Member

Someone is offering me this gun, 500 rounds, and $2000 for my 78 mustang II with a 351 Windsor bored 60 over. What's everyone's opinion???

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

What's the car worth?

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Bored 60 over? I'd take it man a good milled receiver ak can cost upwards of $1000 sometimes more. Unless that stang is in immaculate condition it sounds like you'd make out pretty well as long as the ak is in good shape and not shot out.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I have a thing against rustangs, but 500 rounds isn't much and i am a bit suspicious on the whole "milled" aspect of the trade. Have you examined the rifle? How can you tell it is a milled receiver?

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I'm not big on cars but I'm assuming the engine alone is worth close to $4k

6. PlaysWithZombies

Not likely, but it depends on who built it and how. If it's already been bored .060 over then odds are it has been pretty abused

7. PlaysWithZombies

What condition is the mustang in? Has it been restored at all? Is it stock or customized at all? Everything original?

8. REBLOPIE

REBLOPIE New Member

This is the mustang.

ForumRunner_20120403_105419.jpg

9. billt

billt New Member

Milled receivers have a lightening cut out on the side. Stamped receiver AK's have a pressed in "dimple" near the same location.

MILLED RECEIVER

[​IMG]

STAMPED RECEIVERS

[​IMG]

10. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a tough one to call because the value of the car is a bit tough to establish in a direct comparison to the weapon, along with it's condition. For what it's worth I've been repeatedly offered $2,500.00 to $3,000.00 for my wife's 1991 Mustang LX. It is box stock internally, but I've made some upgrades to the cooling system and intake.

11. billt

billt New Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/threads.cfm

There is a link here about 30 threads down, on a Norinco stamped receiver AK with really nice furniture for $675.00. It hasn't sold in several days. If the one he is offering you is a milled receiver model it will be worth a little more than that. I would say it all hinges on how bad you want the weapon, in relationship to how bad he wants the car.