Norinco 56s-1

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by splitshot, Jul 2, 2009.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

Alright, my first post on this forum. I recently purchased a 56s-1 from a friend. Furniture is in excellent condition. Came with 1 5 rd mag, 3 30's and 1 75 round drum with belts. I have been attempting to find S/N information for it but have failed to find anything. Maybe someone here can help.

Made by Norinco, distributed by Sile, Ny, Ny. S/N is MS00xxxx, (4 digit). All parts with S/N on them match. If there is any further information someone might need to help identify the year made, just ask.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Comp23

Comp23 New Member

I am a big fan of the Norinco AKs. My favorite is the Polytech Legend and my Kassnar.

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

I'm still trying to get some information on this Norinco as far as age. Also looking for original style bayonet for it. Lugs are present, but I will have to get a slant brake for it. Any bayonet experts out there? It seems that they make several for Chinese AK's, but which one fits this one?

4. Seadog75

Seadog75 New Member

Go to Cope's Distributing. They sell new ones for about 30 bucks. They have the red and black ones for sale. They also have a good selection of other AK bayoes. Not sure which color came with yours but there are a couple to pick from. Hope this helps. These are for the detatchable ones, not the spike