Firearms Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, sort of new. I've made a few posts in other threads here before I found this...what, folder, I guess.

Anyway, I'm in Texas, where gun ownership is relatively easy and ammo is plentiful and cheap...NOT. We're lookin' at empty shelves just like y'all are. If not for online ammo stores, I wouldn't have had anything to shoot at the range in my new 9 mm last week. I mean there is absolutely no 9 mm to be had at the big box stores. I hear the same of LGS too.

I bought my first gun just over a year ago, a single action, 22 lr revolver. I wanted more though, a 22 seemed like a pop-gun after just a few trips to the range.

Last month, I bid on and won a Hi-Point C9 9 mm. I took it to the range last week and put 50 rnds through it (all the 9 mm I could find). It's not a glamor gun like a Glock or a Kimber, but it was under $200 and I hear I'll get plenty of practice clearing FTFs and FTEs...ha, actually, I only had 3 feed problems out of the first 50 rnds in a brand new pistol and it was Blazer Aluminium ammo, not known for its smooth feeding.

Monday, I should take delivery of a Taurus PT22, with a pink frame for my wife. The recoil of anything bigger scares her.

Soon, this month, I'm signing up for my CHL class. I hear the CC permit fee is half off if you are 60 or older.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to FTF

Welcome to Georgia. Glad you found us. You might want to think about taking up reloading. I do and it keeps me in ammo and I enjoy the process. And you gotta love those senior citizen discounts. lol

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts