Non class 3 pkm??????????

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by HighPlainsDrifter, Nov 24, 2010.

1. I was doing some research on the www. about a non class 3 pkm. While doing so i came up empty handed, so i resort like many times in the past to asking you guys. Some how it always works better this way. So, is there such a thing as a non class 3 or semi auto regular joe ownable pkm pattern rifle out there. What sparked all of this was a J&G sales ad for a semi auto mg42. So i thought to my self a pkm like that would be freaking sweet. Any help would rock thanks guys FTF always pulls through.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

MarColMar Firearms LLC est. 2004

their site says they are not taking orders. but its the only one that i found that has in the past. they are out there and turn up from time to time on gunbroker. median price is in the 6-10k$ range.

3. thanks for the info buddy i will check it out.

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Well, you got good taste. The PKM rocks.

5. As d you my friend, m14's do rock. Your name says it all

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Thanks. They do.

Any idea is USMC is still testing PKM's?

7. I dont know. I know they use them a lot in cross training to familiarize themselves to id and use them if need be.

8. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

They were testing them in 7.62x51, but I don't know what the final decis was (if the final has been made.)

9. Yeah i had not heard that, I cant find any info on the web about it. where they thinking of adopting it into service? I like the the pkm a lot but i dont know if it would be better the the m249. That and if they are wanting to trade up there are many more options out there. I dont know thought what do you think?

10. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

They were testing for use in service. Long process, though, and it was a couple of years ago. Not sure where it stands now.

I like the PKM a lot. No way to argue with the success, and they are 100% reliable in every environment.

11. This is true.