Non-brass knuckles?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by BeyondTheBox, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I love the concept of brass knuckles as a self-defense tool, but am pretty sure they're outlawed. Is there anything made that is similar, maybe incorporating a metal fistpack, like a Kubotan, with some sort of non-metallic knuckle cover? I just like the idea of being able to protect the skin on my knuckles.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Then you better try a pair of gloves. The state criminal codes will usually not say BRASS, but will say "metal knuckles".

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Look for a pair of sap gloves. Ive seen them for sale online for like $25 im sure they are illegal to carry on your person but you should still be able to own them. I just looked them up on youtube, some interesting stuff.

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 Active Member

Protect the skin??? Men are meant to have scars on there knuckles.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I was under the impression that they were legal, you just had to have a CCW?

6. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im not sure about what state your in. But I know for a fact they are illegal in Michigan. Im sure its differant in every state.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

It DOES vary from state to state. I'm not sure, but I think in MS you have to have a concealed carry permit. One of those things where someone should sit down and do their research or talk to a lawyer.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Varies state to state. Here in VA, your permit is for a concealed HANDGUN, Says that right on the permit.

9. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Illegal here on Fl. I think kubatons are now too, I haven't seen them forsake in like ten years. As far as getting around the knuckles you can buy ones that also work as a "belt buckle".

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Hmmm sounds like it's invention time.

In high school we hand compressed tin foil tightly and rolled it into light weight fistpacks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  11. lbwar15

lbwar15 Active Member

I have seen polymer and aluminum ones at the flee market here. We have brass also. A lot of times you see the brass ones in a box stamped paper weight. Also have them as belt buckles.

12. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

You can buy them, and they come with free silver bracelets too! ;)

There's really not a legal way to obtain metal knuckles.

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Lol men don't wear bracelets. Not even those fraudulent magnetic ones for old people and golfers.

I'm not interested anymore anyway, was just looking for a reason to create something new. Our buy something new, I'm insatiable.

14. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'm pretty sure I'm a man and I wear a bracelet. It says "I <3 motor boating" on one side and "boobies rule" on the other. If that ain't manly.. :p

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Bracelets are the complete opposition of manly. End Of Story.

16. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

So supporting breast cancer awareness is unmanly? That's a new one to me.

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Its manly to love boobs.

18. fupuk

fupuk New Member

+1, I for one love boobs.

19. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Just wanting to be sure!

Attached Files:

20. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You can pay the money and not wear they Hey look at me I like to be charitable pat my back because im a good human being bracelet. I restate the fact bracelets are the exact opposite of manly. Now if your wife has breast cancer I feel for ya both, but it's still just an advertisement and it only serves to either self backpat or guilt trip and neither is respectable.