NOE RD311165gc boolit

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Ricochet, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

anyone in here use this boolit?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

gotta ask... whats a "boolit"??

3. rockratt

rockratt Active Member Lifetime Supporter

After doing a quick Google search apparently it is cast bullets. They even have there own forum.....:eek: Didn't know there was other forums?????:rolleyes:

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

one of those new li boots!:p

5. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

Lol! yes, we refer to our own cast bullets as "boolits". believe it or not, it is easier to know what someone is referring to on the other website (castboolits.com)

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

so is that a mold type or a factory cast lead??

ive never heard of it

7. Ricochet

Ricochet New Member

well i guess technically, factory cast would also be a "boolit". however, the folks on castboolits.com take great pleasure in rolling their own boolits :D

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

i cast some of my own bullets too never heard of em called a boolit and im not familiar with that brand as i dont buy many cast bullets.

9. res45

res45 New Member

Ranch Dog Outdoors closed shop in 2013 due to mainly time issues of trying to run a small business and everything else in life going on at one time. I bought several custom Lee push through sizers from him in 2012 on closeout for $8 each.

The RD .311 165 gr. GC bullet was originally designed as a tumble lube bullet as all of RD's original designs are,the original molds were produced by Lee. Ranch Dog stated that Lee plans to add some of the designs to there inventory in Mid. 2014.

NOE has an agreement currently with RD to produce some of his designs but with the standard grease groove. The RD .311 165 gr. flat point GC design is deemed one of the best bullets ever design for the 30-30 especially for hunting purposes as the meplat is rather large compared to other designs and creates a excellent primary wound channel.

Ranch Dog Outdoors
    http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/