No rail handguard?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Tenderribbs, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Tenderribbs

Tenderribbs New Member

Im looking for a two piece 7in handruards with circle cut outs but without rails on it. And in OD green any ideas?

2. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

May wanna check out Magpul. They seem to have something that fits that description from what I've seen

3. sparky17

sparky17 New Member

Yes, the Magpul MOE handguards. Put one on mine. Fits great and is easy to install.

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

5. Tenderribbs

Tenderribbs New Member

Well I don't want to have to take off front sight and gas block. Let's say I have never done it before .

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

If you're not wanting to remove the front sight I highly doubt he's wanting to cut up the delta ring.

Removing the front sight block is easy as long as your muzzle devise isn't pinned. Cutting the delta ring off is simple as well but was a little nerve racking doing it on a rifle w/ a $155 pinned muzzle devise. Mess anything up and I'd be cutting off the MD.

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

That's about as good as your going to get in a 2 piece without removing the front sight , not have a ton of rail and still have a free float hand guard . It's expensive yes but keep in mind troy makes great handguards that will last a lifetime . Speaking of Troy anyone try the squid grips yet ?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012