no pictures or avatars

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by BeyondTheBox, Jan 5, 2013.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Not sure if this is correct section, didn't see anything more fitting...

Ever since the last app update, for Android, I can only seem to see certain avatars and pictures posted and even if I can see them once, I can't again. The few I can see seem to change randomly and it's only about one for every three dozen or so.

2. readygirl

readygirl New Member

call a cab... everything will be back to normal in the morning....lol

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Not blurry, nonexistent. Lol smart a$$! ;P

And for some reason I can see your avatar now when I couldn't before and my own is blank. I like looking at myself...! Give me pics! !!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. Genec

Genec Member

readygirl, two things wrong with that avatar pic, the t-shirt is too thick on top..and it ain't wet..LOL

5. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

He meant that for me... You Randy lad you! Put your other hand on the keyboard and stop turning my serious inquiry into a freak show.

6. readygirl

readygirl New Member

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

It's okay, I'm use to it, we all like looking at me! Cripe, now he's got me doing it, hijacking my own stupid thread.

The point is, a major part of the reason I'm here is to stare at our gorgeous guns and lust after another man's ladies & another ladies men. Mean that sounded weird. I quit, tender - another cold one.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  8. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Too late.... Find a 14yr old, they can show you how to operate your phone, thats what i had to do.

9. readygirl

readygirl New Member

Why did you wait until everybody started drinking to have a "serious inquiry"

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I work with cell phones, programming and developing as well. It's not the phone, it's the app. Before the update it worked perfectly, the update a month or few back is when it changed.

11. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

You're right, got me there. I'm the fool in this room. Okay I quit.

12. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Is this still an issue?

Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling?

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

It is, I have, but never hurts to try again. I'll uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and log back in. Will update when done.

14. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Yup, now I can see more avatars than before, but a couple I could see before I can't now. It is better, but like last time I reinstalled it worked better for a week or so. We'll see.

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

And now I'm right back to the way things were, the only one I can seem to see no matter what is Orangello. I actually see les now than before. Lol

Is No biggie, I'm just being a complainer, ignore me.

16. Shooter

Which phone are you using specifically?

Is anyone else having this problem or anything like it?

17. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

It's been like this on two devices now. First was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 (the original). Now it's on a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

It is random, the ones I can and cannot see. Orangello seems to be the only constant for some reason. Now Axxe is visible where he wasn't earlier today. Very interesting indeed.

And hardly any of the pictures in the threads show up. It seems that I can see them the first time I look, but never again after that. If I clear the cache in the app it works just like uninstalling and reinstalling, but again, only temporarily.

Don't fuss to much, if I'm the only one I'm here for much more than just pictures, although I do love my gun p0rn. Lol

Thanks, tho, for your attention to this miniscule matter.

18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I've also been having issues with posting pictures. It always gives me a pop up saying application crashed while attempting to compete request (or something like that). Sometimes it actually posts them anyway, but you wouldn't have a clue until after you click send, other times it refuses to.

19. Shooter

I'm sending your issues to the developer, so if there's anything else to add please let me know.

20. Robert121571

Robert121571 New Member

I have noticed on the iOS app sometimes if I click a pic that is in a post it won't show that one but rather the first one on the page but can swipe the screen to see the others and they will come up but will show connection error.