No need to purchase my first AR-15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by MikeBofAZ, Nov 21, 2012.

1. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

After like 8 months of research and deciding on a Colt LE6920 as the best rifle for me as my first AR I decided to wait to buy it after my wedding Jan 11 2013. I found out this morning that my groomsmen have pitched in and are buying it for me as my wedding present. I don't come from a ton of money or have a 6 figure job and I am paying for a relatively extravagant wedding at a local County Club on my own so money has been tight. My friends have seen my struggle and understand my passion for the gun and said this was what they wanted to do for me. Besides being very grateful I realize I need to do something in return to show my gratitude. That's where you guys come in! What do you guys (and girls) think would be a good groomsmen gift for 4 guys that are getting me my dream firearm?

Any suggestions will help. I'm kinda at a loss for ideas and know I need to do something cool for them.

Thanks for your help in advance and btw I'm 24 and my groomsmen are between 23 and 30

2. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

That is awesome.

As far as gifts for the awesome groomsmen it's really hard to say without knowing them or what their fancy or taste is. I know a lot of my friends really appreciate a good bottle of scotch or whiskey but we are in the 50 year old range.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

4. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

I'd like to stay within a grand total not trying to be cheep just can't afford much more

5. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Take them all to the range and have a good time with ur gun!

6. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

That's actually what I was thinking buy a ton of ammo and a good lunch afterwards

7. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Good bottel of Crown goes along ways even in the 40 year old bracket. lol But i think the range time sonds great!!

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I agree with buying tons of ammo and enjoying with your friends. Congrats on your coming wedding btw!

9. indykappa

indykappa New Member

+1 on the range trip

10. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

You know with that budget you might be able to swing a tactical training course for all of you. Some of them are all inclusive trips that take a few days to complete. I have no idea where you are so I can't say whats close but they are everywhere.

Whatever you do I'm sure those guys are going to want some trigger time with your new colt. So do that regardless.

11. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

Thanks cattledog and I'm from Arizona hence MikeBof (AZ) lol that is an awesome idea though I bet they would love it

12. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Aw hell. "AZ" duh... you should have a pretty wide selection down there. Just gonna take some shopping.

13. Ruger52

Ruger52 New Member

Range, range, range, with lots of ammo. Now having said that, ummm guys who are friends with weapons. You take charge. make sure it is a safe outing. No horse play, and saftey in mind. If done correctly, you will all have a blast, so to speak.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Compromise. Get them each a 100 rounds of 5.56, and a nice bottle of liquor for the after shoot party. Hell that might be a nice bachelor's party, come to think of it mebbe if your stripper's arent too skittish........NAH.

15. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Best of both worlds. I like it.

16. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Hookers? ;)

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Drunken 50 year old Scotch hookers?

18. MikeBofAZ

MikeBofAZ New Member

50 year old women.... im sure thats the perfect idea thanks ill make some phone calls to the local nursing homes lol

19. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

guessing from your screen name you are in AZ? How about some passes to the Bondurant School of racing?

http://www.bondurant.com/ - it is a blast!!! ;)

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I agree with the idea that you buy some bulk ammo and do a range day. Maybe find some 300-round battle packs, one for each of them? or maybe the 1000 round bulk Federal from Natchez? Any other good deals out there you guys are aware of?