No more cmp

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JimRau, Aug 30, 2013.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

:mad: If you have not heard Barry just signed an EO banning the re-import of our military weapons. This will mainly affect the M-1 and the M-1 Carbines.:mad:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

My club just got re-affiliated with cmp a few months ago. I was in the gun shop the other day and laughing at someone trying to sell a carbine for $1500.
    maybe he knew something I didn't.

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

You gotta feel sorry for the guy. He's just trying his level best

to help protect the few dudes who would be willing to follow him

when the chips are down, and he wants them to gun down their

family, friends, loved ones, and the very American Citizens they

have sworn oath after oath to protect...

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I haven't seen a carbine under $900 in almost a year.:(

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Does anyone know for sure if this affects the CMP program? The Obama law says it stops private companies from importing U.S. Military weapons back to the U.S.? This is a government program. The Kennedy s tried to stop the old DCM projects and could not. Obama did stop the M-1 carbines. I understand Obama is going to be challenged. This is a real bad rule which does nothing but hurt honest gun owners.

6. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_33824.php

That pretty much says it.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

From what I have read this directly affects the CMP program. As I understand it Obama directly referenced the nearly one million rifles that we sent to Korea which have been sitting there for the past 50 years.

I entered a raffle for a Garand just last night. You can never have too many you know. I walked up to the raffle table and asked how many tickets I could get for $20. The guy said "well, aren't you gonna take a look at it?" and I replied "I know what they look like. It has to be worth at least the $20 even if I don't win it."

For the record, I did look at it. The receiver is early 1940's Springfield. It has been refurbished at the armory but all parts are in excellent shape, the stocks are some beat up, but not too bad. Drawing is next month.

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Civilian Marksmanship Program. It is a shooting program that teaches kids and others how to shoot with surplus weapons and makes the weapons available for sale to the public.

http://www.odcmp.com/

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Obama and Biden can expect a battle over this one. The Democrats have tried a number of times to close the 110 year old CMP program. Obama is trying to destroy anyone who disagrees with his administration. Mooshell has just finished starving school children. She will now work on the Obama gun control programs. :rolleyes:

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Winds, seriously, you need to look up the CMP in your area and get yourself a Garand while you still can!

http://www.odcmp.com/

12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

The Obama bunch will go to any length to trash our precious Second Amendment rights. However, his latest pandering to the gun haters will have little effect on the Civilian Marksmanship Program which was established by the US congress. Yep, the CMP will run out of guns to sell one of these days. They have been knowing that for decades. The purpose of the CMP is to promote civilian marksmanship, especially among kids.

http://odcmp.com/

13. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

ALL "anti- gun" legislation/executive orders/regulations (not gun control;)) 'does nothing but hurt honest gun owners'!!! That is their goal!:mad:

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Where are all the Democrats that used to haunt these gun forums? They were always posting on how Obama would never and had never hurt gun owners? Obama and the Democrats are attacking every part of the traditional American culture. The Liberals hate the "Gun Culture" we are faced with some difficult times. :(

15. Orlando

Orlando New Member

This will not affect CMP as they do not import rifles.
    Garands etc are returned to the US Army that were loaned to other countires. They are then turned over to CMP for sale. CMP is not a Importer

16. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

Ooo I wish I had a Garand. Maybe my buddy can get one soon. He lives down that direction

17. Donn

Donn Active Member

Should be about time for Chainfire to weigh in, attempting to justify Mr. Obama's actions.

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

B.O. and Mooshe-Mooshe are just pissed, because even though

he's the CIC of the armed forces, This, in fact,

gives him NO CONTROL over the largest

armed force in the world-US.

19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

they are sitting this one out! probably many of them are ashamed or embarrassed at the actions of their leader, who has lied at every step of the way into the White House.

20. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, they're blushing so hard, blood's spurting out of their eyes.

Gimme a break...:rolleyes: