No idea

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Sleger1012, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Sleger1012

Sleger1012 New Member

I recently bought the hk 416d .22lr and it went smoothly for about the first 100 rounds then I take it out too the range and the gun double feeds and jams after clearing the chamber a problem arises if I only put one bullet in the clip gun works just fine but when I put mulitple bullets in clip all bullets will fail to fire excepte the last bullet in the clip any ideas what's wrong

2. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Welcome to the forum. Perhaps you can visit the introduction section and introduce yourself.

If you are new to shooting, may I suggest a basic firearms class by a professional firearms instructor? A great way to avoid starting off with bad habits.

I'm not familiar with that specific firearm, but can tell you that many .22's are very particular regarding ammo. Perhaps try a different brand. Many .22's also tend to run poorly when dirty, so a through cleaning may be necessary. Another thing to try is more lubrication.

Not to be snobby, but a bullet is the part that comes out the front of the barrel. The bullet and brass before being fired is a cartridge. Another minor issue on nomenclature, is the use of the term "clip." Very few firearms use clips. I think you are referring to magazines, which hold several cartridges to feed into the action.

CLIPS:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MAGAZINES:
    [​IMG]

3. chainsaw

chainsaw New Member

Probably a magazine issue,feed lips not properly adjusted.If you can find an unused magazine and compare the feed lips to your magazine.a little tweaking can normally fix most all feed issues.

4. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Sure are some prutty clips

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

magazine:

[​IMG]

Clip:

[​IMG]

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

The appropriate term has changed quite often over the years..

Box-mag or Mags are appropriate to these...
    Clips is a term that is only appropriate to rifles using this system...
    Do not forget that a Tubular Magazine (such as found on the Marlin 60 & lever-action rifles, is also known as a Mag/Magazine.
    Most folks call 'em "Tube Mags".

Also, Calico firearms have Helical Mags...holding 50 or 100 rounds each. A superior system indeed :)
    Calico Liberty III's
    [​IMG]

7. Hawg

Hawg New Member

A clip is a magazine. :D