No hunt for me this year

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Maverick, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

While making dinner for my son a couple of nights ago, I cut off some of the tip of my trigger finger off. Freaked my 8yo son Alan Jr. out at first, but I kept my cool and had him get my neighbor who is an RN. Once my son saw that daddy was calm he followed suit and handled himself quite well. The kitcken looked like a crime scene. Alot more blood than I thought for a cut like that. Pretty sore after changing the dressing last night. Cant get my finger in the trigger guard with the bandage. Oh well... maybe next year.

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The Trigger Finger... BUMMER...not the middle finger go figure...

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Sorry to hear that, hope all heals up well for you, keep a close watch out for infection.

Looks like it's a good time to maybe start practicing using the other hand and shoulder. ;)

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Have you tried pulling the trigger with your middle finger. I had to do that one season...

5. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

sorry to hear that hope you heal PDQ

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm sure the cutting yourself while making dinner is a smokescreen. C'mon now, fess up. You were running with scissors weren't you?

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Gunny in the Sniper movies uses his middle finger - so maybe "life can imitate art?" ;)

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I was just gonna say use yur eff finger.

9. Maverick

Maverick Member

LOL.... No I was using a mandolin to make homemade potatoe chips for my son. Sharp SOB for sure! Took it clean off. Have a couple of pics from the dressing change...... but only with Mod consent.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

My exwife did the same dang thing. To bad it wasn't her effing head.

11. Maverick

Maverick Member

Edit.....sorry double post.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  12. Maverick

Maverick Member

Already practicing. Just want to make sure I can make a clean kill with out second guessing.

13. kyleytxrialover

kyleytxrialover New Member

i ccoked for 30 years and they are NO JOKE i slipped one time
    and raked all 4 fingers :eek:from knuckle to nail

14. Maverick

Maverick Member

I understand...........6 years waitstaff experience... say a lady cutting very thin O-Rings make 3 passes on a slicer taking pieces off on eack pass. Only felt it when it caught her nail.