no guns left in the entire world!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by shooter88, Jan 1, 2012.

1. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

If u were given the choice of having any one gun and it was the only one u would ever be able to have because there were gonna b no more guns in the entire world which one would it be?...

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The thought that immediately came to my mind was a Remington 870 shotgun.

Hmmm... maybe I should think about picking one up.

3. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Lol thats a good choice i would either be a remington 870 12 ga or a mossy 500 12 ga

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I can guarantee that I will not live long enough to see such a world.;)

TACK

5. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

I do have 3 12 gauges allready a remington spartan 12 ga a big mossy 535 chambered for up to 3 1/2" and a mavrick 88 whi h ive customised to be my zombie killer lol

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

This maybe stretching the "single gun" criteria, T/C Encore and all the barrels they make. If not, my Ak

7. DodgeThis

DodgeThis New Member

Dude!!! I swear I just started a thread of almost the exact same idea in the general rifle discussion!

But since you say any gun (not just a rifle), and there wont be any more guns, my thoughts are that there won't be any more ammo either. So, I'd definately think a .22 revolver. Plentiful ammo, decent versatility, and ultimate reliability. True that it's only a .22, what elsedo you need when everyone else has no ammo? It is more than capable of taking small game.

8. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Ya know what they say... great minds think alike

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I would have to say my M4

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

pure and simple AK47,
    I got a 91/30 for long range shooting, a winchester model 94 30-30 for brush work, a colt M4 .22lr, a rem 870, and a medel 66 .357 mag. So really the only real gun that I need is a semi auto that is tough as all hell.

11. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Let me rephrase...what would b tge only gun in the world u would have and u didnt allready have any. Not what gun would u add to your collection

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you are the only one with a gun, you are the boss. You do not have to worry about foraging for small game, your serfs will do that for you. You need a simple, reliable, reasonably accurate, forgiving gun that will protect you from the serfs.

I say a centerfire pistol or rifle, as the primers can be recharged in a pinch. Rimfire is only as good as your ammo supply. I am an AR fan, but think an AK is probably the most forgiving platform for this situation.

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

The same one I choose in most of these "only one gun" threads..... I always get picked on when I say the "M" word... :p;)

14. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

My Ruger GP100. Can shoot 38 special or 357mag, and if all else fails I could beat the crap outta potential threats with it.

15. rbmorris

rbmorris New Member

A .22 rifle. It'll kill damn near anything and you can carry 1000's of rounds on you.

16. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have to agree with you,. Now, if he asked "if I had to give up all but one of my firearms...." that would be a tough call and I hope I never live long enough to give any of them up...

17. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

My Marlin model 60 and 1 million or more rounds !!

18. therewolf

therewolf New Member

OK, I'll play.

Probably an SKS. A really old one...

Ammo availability,( same round as the AK) built-in bayo and cleaning rod,

decent weight and size, quick, simple, easy to clean, robust, fairly accurate,

with a good safety. All in an intermediate rifle round.

19. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Can't happen 'cause I already got more than one & don't intend getting rid of any of 'em! :)

Seriously, my favorite for balance, handling, daily carry & fun at the range is my Colt CCO.

20. elglockeroloko30

elglockeroloko30 New Member

That's so easy, my AK 47!