No bullpup love :(

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by dermamorphic, Feb 10, 2013.

1. dermamorphic

dermamorphic New Member

I only own one rifle atm and its the MSAR STG-556. I'm a fan of the Bullpup setup, and while I visit a few other forums just for that, I would love to know if anyone else has an interest in expanding the list of sub forums for Bullpup owners.

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Im also a fan of the bullpup config. although I dont currently own one. I think its a revolutionary idea to keep a weapon short and manable without sacrificing barrel length and accuracy. I think it would be an interesting sub forum to read. Ive often thought of buying a kit to convert my sks to bullpup or buying a bullpup but the greenbacks just arent right now.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I agree. I love the idea of a bullpup. A short gun with grate accuracy. What's not to like. I plan to pick one up. But all of them I have seen are crazy expensive. I'm going to make some changes to my AR before I spend $2000 on another gun.

4. Yelsew

Yelsew New Member

I love the concept myself. I have shot that msar aug clone and i loved it. Yeah too bad most are quite expensive or id have one already... And i cant wait to try those new American made tavor rifles!!

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I thought those were made in Israel?

6. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I love the concept, but the devil is often in the execution.

I own a PS 90 and love it.

7. Yelsew

Yelsew New Member

At Shot Show they unveiled a new line of production here in america! :) but msrp is $2000 :(

8. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Question.

Why do the p90 clones sold to civilians have that big long barrel sticking out the front? Wouldn't it only have to be 16" to the breach as long as it was not shorter than 26" overall?

9. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I thought that had something to do with the initial design having been released while the old Clinton AWB was still in effect.

10. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

It seems that the real p90 only has a barrel length of 10",I imagined it would have been longer. But the ps90 (civilian version) has the 16" barrel,I guess it just look like its more than 6" sticking out due to size and shape of the gun.

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

The p90 was made to replace the mp5. It is a SMG not a carbine. That's why it has a shorter barrel.

12. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I understand that it was a SMG and originally designed to have a short barrel.

But when adapted to be civilian legal here in the US it has a barrel that sticks out well past the front of the gun where the original barrel stops

My curiosity stemmed from the fact that if it was a bull pup design why would they add unnecessary barrel length onto the barrel of the civilian legal model. I imagined that it would have around 16" of barrel sunk into that little gun already as it was originally designed since it was a bullpup.

But that's where I messed up as its only a 10" barrel to begin with. And that extra barrel length is actually to make it 16". I'm not completely familiar with the gun besides fondling one long ago so I was not sure how far the action and breach was set back into the gun,apparently not as much as a thought.

13. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Ok. I got ya.

14. Donn

Donn Active Member

I've never fired a BP, so educate me here. It seems the way it's configured with the action next to your ear, a bullpup would have a built in flinch factor. Is that the case or and I making something out of nothing?

15. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Most of the report comes out of the muzzle. So it's no louder than a AR.

16. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I own an Armpistol, clunkier perhaps than some of the newer designs, but still an interesting weapon with its own attributes.

17. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Rare as hell if that is what I think it is. This the old Bushmaster .223 pistol with a bullpup setup?

18. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

Pictured below.
    Mostly a safe queen...

Attached Files:

19. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

Sure. No ammo. :D

20. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

Yeah FirearmsTalk should have a bullpup subform. I have one and love it.

[​IMG]

It always gets a lot of questions when I take her out.